Only Those Who Look Close Enough

~(Y/n)'s p.o.v ~

"There. Guy will never think to look here for a while, so I can get some time to breathe," I thought to myself as I jumped off the roof of a shop and landed in the part of town closest to the hospital. Naruto was finally out of the hospital, and I had made it well known that I disliked the hospital, so being close to it was definitely my best choice in finding a place to hide from Team Guy. The training wasn't bad, annoying yes, but it was helpful. I just really really wasn't used to the whole team concept and I was closer than potato chips to Choji to biting Tenten's head off if she insisted we hang out one more time.

I've never been the social type, and with my new found attitude that had only worsened. So since I didn't wanna let my inner bitch come out, I decided to separate myself from them. Just for the day of course, or until they found me. I rarely frequented this part of the village, so I took this time to look around. Most people left me alone or were done conversing with me after a simple hello, but then I was stopped in my tracks by an all too familiar bark.

"Huh? Hey Akamaru, where are you going?" Kiba called out, and soon Akamaru was barking at my feet with Kiba running after him. "Hmm? Hey (Y/n)! Long time no see huh?" he asked as I picked up Akamaru in my arms. "Y-yeah," I mumbled, "Can't I get some peace and quiet around this damn village for one second!!" I mentally shouted as Shino and Hinata soon showed up as well. "Oh, (Y/n). How have you been? Is Na-naruto okay?" Hinata asked me shyly.

"Uh, good I guess," I lied and before I could tell her about Naruto, Kiba had his arm wrapped around my shoulders. Was he asking for an early death!? "You were going to go visit Naruto right? We were on our way to see Kurenai Sensei ourselves. You should join us," Kiba insisted followed by a bark by Akamaru. Since I had the puppy in my hands, and I wasn't sure if he had recovered completely, I didn't force Kiba's arm off of me, and I was forced to follow them.

Out of the pan and into the fire I guess... We got to the hallway towards Kurenai's room when Akamaru whimpered while still in my arms. I thought he was uncomfortable with the way I was holding him so I adjusted my arms for him to better rest. "Sorry bud," I apologized. "Hmm? Oh don't worry (Y/n) he's fine. Our wounds healed from that fight a while ago now. So you don't have to be so gentle with him," Kiba reassured me. "Well why did he whimper then?" I asked. Before I could get an answer, Tsunade and Shizune appeared. "Out of the fire and into the lava" I mentally complained.

"Oh, hey you three. Hmm? Oh look it's (Y/n) too," Shizune called. I took a step behind the group to try to hide a little better. "You all visiting somebody at the hospital too?" Tsunade asked. "Yes," Hinata spoke. "And you Lady Tsunade?" Shino asked. "Mm oh well...," "she just doesn't wanna stay in the office," Shizune interrupted Tsunade. "Ah, zip it," Tsunade told her. "A hospital is one hell of a place to hide out in," I muttered as I looked around the hallway suspiciously.

Tsunade chuckled, "not everyone has a fear of this place you know (Y/n)," she pointed out. My eye twitched, "it's not a fear," I muttered through my teeth. That got a small chuckle from Tsunade and she followed us the rest of the way to Kurenai's room. "Hey, Hinata. Try not to faint when you see Kurenai Sensei," Kiba teased her. "Come on, don't bring that up right now," Hinata mumbled as her face heated up a bit.

"Something happen I should know about?" Tsunade asked cautiously. "When Naruto was in the hospital," Shino started hesitantly before Hinata interrupted him. "Shino don't!" she warned. "She took one look at Naruto all wrapped up in bandages and keeled over," Kiba teased. I smiled, "I could say hi to him for you if you want," I added. Hinata was probably the only other girl in this entire village I could stand, but it was still fun to mess with her when it came to my brother. Unlike how Sakura and Ino show they have a crush on someone, Hinata is kind of cute the way she acts around Naruto.