Kidnapped Kazekage!? Oh Hell No!

~ (Y/n)'s p.o.v.~

"Ah son of bitch that's cold!" I shouted through gritted teeth as I lifted my head from the bowl of ice cold water I had just shoved it in. Thanks to my training with Kurenai, my brain was exhausted which then naturally caused headaches. This one was especially annoying considering I hadn't trained with Kurenai at all yesterday! I woke up early this morning with one, and it stayed with me all through my morning run and shower. So now I was doing my last resort method. Something that hadn't failed me yet.

It was a remedy I accidentally came across while training a few weeks back. Zoro Sensei was big on endurance, which meant dealing with the cold as well. I was nowhere near his level of endurance just yet, which by the way was stupidly high, so of course I was still training to increase it. This consisted of a lot of different methods, but one day in particular I had Lee and Guy pouring ice cold water on me as I meditated and lifted extremely heavy weights with my mouth and arms. My headache at that point was edging towards Kurama migraine pain level, but after my training it was significantly better.

I assumed it was just my tolerance for pain growing at first, but when it came back after another training session with Kurenai, I knew that wasn't the case. So, like a normal desperate person, I repeated the same methods as before and eventually found out that dunking my head in ice cold water helped relieve the pain. Don't ask me why, even Sakura thinks I'm fucking weird, but it works beautifully.

I stared at my reflection and watched through my bangs as the water dripped down from my hair and face. I looked at my reflection's eyes and saw doubt. She was worried about her genjutsu training. Worried that it was simply a weakness of hers that she wasn't going to ever get past. I chuckled at myself as I dried my face and hair off with a soft orange towel. Good old (Y/n), no matter how old or strong I got, I was always going to overthink things.

Once my hair was mostly dry, I brushed it out and put it back into my normal style before putting my forehead protector back on. Then, I grabbed the rest of my gear and started towards the main gate to wait for Temari. She was going back home today, and it was my job to escort her. Unfortunately, there were still a lot of people who didn't trust the Sand ninja quite yet, so my 'job' was to make sure Temari got home properly and wasn't simply sneaking around the village looking for any weaknesses.

All in all, my presence was more of a formality than security. That's why Tsunade assigned me to this task. Not only could I get back in record time once Temari was home, but she too was on the side that the Sand could be trusted, so she made sure Temari was escorted by a friend and not a conspiracy theorist or worse a Danzo follower. Man did I hate that guy!

"You're up awfully early," Kotetsu spoke up as I walked up to the gate. I waved at him and Izumo, "got an early mission, but it looks like I got here first," I claimed as I looked around and didn't see Temari anywhere. It wasn't like her to be late, but she could have decided to sleep in a little after all. Izumo chuckled, "now this brings back memories," he claimed.

I tilted my head to the side, "what do you mean?" I asked. "You don't remember? Back when you were barely a Genin, right before those Chunin exams, you were always back and forth with this gate and the Hokage's office," he explained. "Oh yeah, I seem to remember two knuckleheaded Chunin who couldn't keep good tabs on the people they let in through the gate either," I teased him back. Kotetsu burst out laughing, "ha! She got us their old buddy".

Suddenly a familiar giggle caught my attention. I turned and watched as Temari and Shikamaru started to make their way towards the gate. No wonder she had been late. "Oh this is just too good to be true!" I thought to myself as I quickly hid behind Kotetsu and Izumo's booth. "Your mission is done. Looks like I'm (Y/n)'s problem from now on," Temari claimed. "Yeah, I wonder where she's at. It's not like her to be late to anything," Shikamaru stated.