A boring love story

Jasmin was lost, trying to figure out where exactly Lisa and her friends were when she heard. "Over here."

Lisa invited her to an all-girls day out last week at the dinner and though Cainan didn't want her coming, she didn't know if they were going to be a thing anymore. Since she came out to him with the truth about her pregnancy a week ago, he hadn't called or even texted and she was sure that when he would finally call, it would be to terminate their agreement and he would have every right to do so.

Their relationship was based on an agreement, yet she felt the sting of his absence and every day she wanted to reach out to him but she was completely lost on what to say.

She couldn't apologise for being pregnant but she could apologise for keeping it away for so long, nevertheless, she wouldn't be able to apologise if Cainan was going to cut her off completely.

She was barely able to keep up at work and put on a brave face, anything and everything so that no one would suspect a thing.

Andrew took notice a few days ago after work closed and Cainan wasn't around to pick her up. He asked if everything was okay and she nodded with a small smile that everything was indeed okay and then explained that they had a bit of an issue. He believed her and didn't push to find out more and she was grateful for that.

When Lisa called earlier, she was going to give her an excuse and bail but Lisa was quite convincing and she reluctantly gave in. Hanging out with Lisa would make her stop thinking about the many ways she could have avoided the disaster that came along with the truth (even though there wasn't) as well as the thought of what was going to happen to her now.

A few weeks ago, Cainan didn't hold value in her life and she wouldn't have cared if he stayed or left but now she didn't want him leaving, at least not in that manner.

She had no idea what an all-girls day out meant, but she wanted to be part of it because it sounded like fun. Lisa sent her an address which she followed and came to the Maryland resort and when she got there, she called Lisa who asked her to come in and explain where they were seated to her.

"Lisa, hey!" she said walking over to the corner of the resort where Lisa and two other gorgeous women were seated, sipping different flavours of wine and a little tray of cookies.

The ladies were looking all nice but casual, Thank God she was wearing a simple floral gown.

"I'm so glad you could make it, Jasmin, come sit." Lisa beckoned with a wide smile on her pretty face.

"Thank you for inviting me," she said and took a seat on the wooden outdoor chairs which was empty beside Lisa.

"Girls, this is Jasmin, my brother, Cainan's girlfriend and Jasmin these are my friends, Charming Leonard and Zoe Raymond."

She politely waved at the two women and added a small smile to top it off, she was nervous because when Lisa had said an all-girls day out, she didn't think they would be four girls together. There was nothing wrong with the girls from what she could see so far, but bonding wasn't something she did easily, it took her over a month to finally bond with Anita and that was just one person, doing that with Lisa and two extra people wasn't what she would be able to cope with.

"You don't have to be nervous, it's just us girls and we only talk about boys, family and relationships and work." Zoe the pretty girl with curly blonde hair and dimpled cheeks said flashing a reassuring smile. She seemed classy in the mini gown reaching above her thigh which she had on. "And with our busy schedules we only get to do this once a month as it is," she added and picked up her wine glass and Jasmin noticed the ring on her finger signifying that she was engaged to be married.