Chapter 7

The young woman was drowsily woken up to the sound of a car driving and felt slightly sweaty from how stuffy it was. She tried to touch her neck as it felt sore, but her hands were tied. What the fuck? (Eye Color) eyes blinked repeatedly as she processed that she had been kidnapped and she was in the trunk of a car. My wrists and neck burn... She thought as she tried to move the rope in a certain way to make her wrists feel a little less uncomfortable, however, she was only making her rope burn worse.

(First Name) gnawed on her bottom lip as tried to remember her Tumblr days where she saw a post on how to escape if you're tied up with rope, but she could not remember how to do it for the life of her. However, she did remember that all (or certain, that part she could not remember) trunks have a handle to open the trunk hatch from the inside. I just need to find a latch. She tried to reach around for a handle in the darkness, but there was none that she could feel. Since her feet were not tied, it was easier for her to maneuver her feet around. This feels odd. Is this it? She thought as she forced her foot under the handle and moved it up.

A gasp left her (Lip Type) lips when the trunk flung open and she felt the cold wind brush against her (Skin Color) skin. She popped her head up to see if anyone would see her in the trunk, but her heart sank when she saw that the streets were dead empty. She could barely see in the distance as there were no street lights at all. The car came to an abrupt halt which caused her to tumble inside the trunk and the hatch nearly shut, but she forced the trunk not to close. Fuck, that really hurt my ankle.

(First Name) forced the trunk to open up again and tried to crawl out of the trunk. However, by crawling out of the trunk, she landed on her back painfully. A groan left her lips as she forced herself to roll over to push herself up. As she struggled to stand up, she heard the driver's door open. She wobbled when she stood up properly and stumbled back when she made direct eye contact with her kidnapper. Memories flooded back into her brain as she recalled what had happened to her that had caused her to go unconscious.

Her body and mind felt heavy from survivor's guilt as her therapist's last words to her echoed in mind, "He had killed innocent people who had nothing to do with Laurie and is still killing since her death. Why would he kill everyone else, but you?" (First Name) nearly sobbed at the memory and slowly backed away as she shouted at Michael, "Why me?! Why kill everyone else but me?!" Her question caused the silent killer to tilt his head at the young woman before he walked towards her. "Ugh.." She spun on her heel and ran away from the male at the highest speed her legs would let her go, which wasn't as quick as she wanted to be. Her ankle throbbed as she limped, but she pushed through the pain. Michael froze in his tracks and decided to let her keep running as he knew there was nowhere to go except for an old diner a few miles away. He turned around to head to the car and planned on driving slowly as he had an idea how to handle (First Name).

Ugh... I don't know how much longer I can run. My lungs feel like they're on fire and my ankle is definitely bleeding. (First Name) looked over her shoulder and saw that Michael was nowhere near her, she decided to slow down to catch her breath. I thought he was going to chase me with the car, but it seems like he is going after me on foot. This seems kind of suspicious, but if he is walking on foot and with how slow he walks, I know I have a huge amount of distance from him. (First Name) thought as she used her sleeve to wipe her forehead.

After some time, (First Name) finally saw some light in the distance. This caused her to pick up her pace and soon enough was able to see a neon sign that said "Red Rocket". She believed it was some sexual innuendo and the place was going to be a sex shop, but much to her surprise (and comfort), it was a diner that looked like a red rocket that had crashed downwards, revealing only the bottom of the rocket. Please be open... Please be open! Much to her luck, the diner was 24/7 and she was able to enter the diner with no problems.