FEARSOME✓ 04

Upper Moon One had recently been in my room, his scent still barely lingering but it was there. I felt like boiling over with rage.

Instead of spending time with those two idiots, I could have been here, could have confronted the man, and could have done something other than looking vulnerable.

I searched my room to see if anything was missing or out of place. It wasn't like I had valuables here, to be honest, I had virtually nothing other than the clothes I had come here in, but it's better to check now than be sorry later.

He must have known this is my room, but how? I figured he was the one carrying me while I was passed out but I don't think he would have gone as far as to drop me off here when Douma was capable of doing that himself.

So why was he here?

When I made my way to my bed, I noticed a long box placed on the floor in front of the window, causing me to pause. Usually, when people break into other people's rooms it's not to leave things.

I opened the window to let the moonlight filter in. Even with my enhanced eyesight, there was no sign of Kokushibou, just an ever-fading scent. Settling down onto the bed crisscrossed, I grabbed the box and laid it across my lap. Slowly I slid the top of it off and within was held exactly what I had anticipated.

It was a Nichiren color-changing blade that I and Douma had discussed a night prior. I guess that's why the Upper Moon was talking about me not receiving one yet was because he knew I was getting my own very soon. It was once again a peculiar thing, a demon gifting a demon slayer a sword.

It was hard to register how I felt, but I was most certainly not grateful. If it wasn't for this man I'd still have Natsuyo, and no need for a new sword. I don't even know what happened to the last one, since the last thing I remembered happening was the strange sound of metal being broken.

With a sigh, I lifted the sword out of the wooden box and unsheathed it. At first nothing was happening, the sword was the same silver as my last one, but soon something started to rise from the hilt of the blade. A crimson red pattern followed the sharp edge and black made up the rest of the blade. Around the middle of the blade, it started to decompose somehow, making a serrated, saw-like edge, just to go back to normal at the end of the blade.

It was a very interesting experience indeed, but it could never make up for what happened to Natsuyo, I decided that I'll use the very blade Kokushibou has gifted me to take his life. Yet, I will admit that now having a weapon to protect myself and fight back with did allow me to become more comfortable in the grand house.

It's been about a week now since I first woke up here. And every night Miss Yukiyo never failed to come and get me upon Douma's request. Tonight was no different. Ever since I got my sword I never failed to keep it with me at all times, even if I didn't like the man who gifted it to me.

Douma noticed the sword instantly the night after I got it. For some reason he was very adamant about seeing how it looked, so begrudgingly, I showed him. He told me it looked very peculiar, and that when Nichirian swords are given to stronger wielders that they pick up on more of the swordsman's (or woman's) attributes.

 That made me feel proud for some reason. 

After spending some time with Douma I learned to tolerate him, I'd say he's an acquaintance at best but sometimes he refers to me as a 'friend', probably to try and make me feel some false comfort around him. I don't stay on edge around him per se, but I constantly remind myself that he's the third strongest demon in existence, and he could most definitely take me on at any moment and possibly win.