FEARSOME✓ 05

As Miss Yukiyo walked besides me in the town nearest to Douma's base, I concluded that she wasn't a demon, just a tired old woman doing the best that she could.

I didn't actually think she was a demon, as I noted before she smelled like a human. However, it's a bit strange with how often I see her, and how she has a knack for catching me just as I wake up.

" Douma-sama insisted that I bring you with me on a grocery run. He's taken quiet a liking to you, which rarely ever happens for him." Miss Yukiyo said as we walked down the street. She had me change into a black Kimono and I  grabbed my old Haori that had the moon phases on the back before we left. Sure it was thinning from use, but Yukiyo had washed it and in my free time I fixed the tears it had in it.

'Must have been because I told him I felt trapped in the Eternal Paradise and missed the outside world last night.' I hummed in thought.

My hand grazed against my sword and I glanced at the woman who accompanied me. She tried to force me to leave it in my room, but when she wasn't looking I slipped it under my Haori.

Being in this bustling shopping district was a little overwhelming, but I had gotten more used to being around alot of people than I had been before. The main thing that bothered me was the looks from men that passed by. I wasn't scared, but I'd be dumb if I couldn't distinguish the hungry looks that some of them had.

However whenever the hilt of my blade nudged my side I was reassured that I'd be fine.

We slowed as Yukiyo stoped at a vegetable vendor. She diligently sifted through the crates to find the best picks, paid for them, then sifted through the next crate.

"Would you like some help?" I asked, starting to rummage through a pile of green onions. "No no hon, here, take this and go fine you something you'd like." She said grabbing my hand away from the pile and placing a few golden coins into my palm.

"But-" I started, instead she gently shoved me away. "Shoo shoo, go have fun, I've managed this for years. If you really want to help out just carry the goods on the way back." She said, smiling at me.

If I had a Grandma, I think she'd be alot like Yukiyo.

I sighed and walked away, heading to a different vendor. After a moment I spotted a little shop that seem interesting, but in my daze someone ran into me.

"IM- IM SO SORRY I WASN'T LOOKING AT WHERE I WAS GOING PLEASE FORGIVE ME-" A boy gushed as he clinged onto my arm to keep me from stumbling.

"It's fine, apology accepted." I said, taking a step back from the boy. His blonde shabby hair was cropped right above his amber eyes, his cheeks dusted with a flush of embarrassment.

"Why are you carrying a sword with you?" I asked, peering down at the hilt that poked though his Haori. Quickly he covered it and smiled.

"I could ask you the same thing, but I won't. My name's Agatsuma Zenitsu, but you can just call me Zenitsu!" He gushed almost swoonfully.

It was easy to tell that this boy is girl crazy and hormone fueled. Normally, I would have just left, but he was intriguing. I also needed to hang out with some other type of person besides demons, old ladies, and loud girly girls.