FEARSOME✓ 09

[WARNING : SUICIDAL THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS AHEAD]

I didn't look much different.

My newly red eyes flickered across the reflective surface. I looked mostly like I always had except for the sharp black nails and teeth that throbed painfully. This was my body's way of telling me I was starving along with my painfully empty stomach and the intrusive thoughts that followed. Another addition to my appearance was the sparce white streaks that appeared in my (H/c) hair.

I had became my worst enemy.

Shattering the already broken piece of  mirror, I threw the shards into the trunk of a tree.

I looked at my hands, they were completely fine. No cuts, no blood, just skin. I hated it.

I hate it.
I hate it.
I hate it.
I hate it.

I was strong. I was powerful. I was what I hated the most.

After I woke up in the Infinity Fortress, that man ordered that I be dropped into a lively city district.

He wanted me to feed.

But I couldn't, I just knew I couldn't. My memory was still hazy, but with the little that I did remember I knew I couldn't let myself become anymore more like the thing that he desired me to become.

So before Kokushibou could join up with me in that city, I fled. I ran as soon as it was night up until daybreak, and eventually I found somewhere I could stay, somewhere where I could isolate myself.

If I was to ever be driven mad from hunger, atleast here I wouldn't hurt anyone.

Atleast I hoped not.

Every now and then, I would be overwhelmed by all of my senses. When I was human I already had super heightened abilities, but now, when everything wasn't shut off I could literally feel the smallest shift in air, see the microscopic levels of things, smell for miles away.

It was to say the least, too overwhelming.

It scared me.

During one of these episodes, when I was observing a spider web, I noticed a bunch of demon blood infused spiders converging onto one point, and on the very opposite side of this mountain I could smell where- or who they were coming from and to.

I even smelled the blood of humans.

As one gets closer to the opposite side of the mountain, the webs get denser and stronger. They became slightly thicker and their scents also grow more pungent.

However, I didn't dare to get any closer because for some reason humans kept flocking to the area, and I could smell them rotting. I could feel them struggling.

I wanted to help, but with my hunger, I fear I might only make things worse.

I don't want to be like this.
I miss dreaming.
I miss Miss Yukiyo's food.
I miss making Sake.

I sat down against the trunk of the tree that I had buried glass shards into.

I still had my nichiran sword, but the metal burned me to the touch. Not even my own sword wanted me as I was now.