Chapter 9: Seen through

Rubbing the dried orange pus in between her fingers she looked at the limp lion before her. "I'm not carrying you, no way."

Shaking her head as it nudged her knees with its head, staining the carefully embroidered flowers with blood.

"You're too big." She said tiredly pulling out the unworn bracelet that she now uses as rosary beads.
"Can't you make yourself smaller?"

"Eira what are you doing?" Augustine asked forcing her to stand up, sitting down cross-legged on the floor in front of Lion.

"Get off! I'm busy here." She said struggling to lift the large paw whilst forcefully pushing the sealing bracelet on, not knowing whether it would even work or not.

The Emperor who concealed his surprise, watched with a smirk on his lips at the woman's interaction with his contracted spirit.

'She can touch a contracted spirit without getting hurt, She can converse with Helio and he's listening to her...'

"They don't even give you a bath?" Turning her head away in disgust as she picked up the scrawny, red mass into her arms like carrying a sticky toddler.

Drawing water which cooled the burning sensation travelling around it's body, it slumped comfortably in her arms. Lulling him to sleep carefully stroking the patchy matted fur, she condensed divine power into the palm of her hands.

Compacting it into the size of a golf ball as a glacial wind ripples through her clothes, the bright ethereal light was thrust into the beasts chest. Her hands grab on to the pulsing organ in its chest, pressing the orb of white light directly into its heart forcefully circulating the divine energy around the spirit.

Pulling out her fingers coated in it's gold blood, she looked tense as her breathing quickened the mutilated lion slowly healed from within. Watching concentratedly when a grey flame from the centre of its chest swallowed it, purifying and rekindling the divine beast to its original form.

Not noticing how her wrist had been grabbed.

She then rubbed her flustered red face against the clean gold fur of the bite sized Helio who was still unconscious.

Then she felt herself losing her centre of gravity.
Was she floating?

Her chest undulating unsteadily unable to hear anything, Eira raised her eyes meeting a pair of bright orbs like stars before everything went dark.

Hugging her into his arms a pair of heavy lidded eyes stared at him dazedly, her milky white irises quivered to a standstill when she slumped. His heart palpitating fiercely, he eagerly tore off her hood revealing the beguiling woman perfectly carved from a field of snow.

"Stop touching her you crazy bastard!" Augustine shouted as he went mad being held back by his bodyguards. 

Carrying her length ways, her head fell weakly into the crook of his neck, he heard her mutter aggrievedly. "I don't want to stay here."

Holding her close to his body, emerald green eyes flashed dangerously.

"She is what you have been hiding?- The oracle mentioned her." He confirmed looking at the uncomfortable and speechless face.

"... Is she from another world?" His fingers lightly caressing the silky hair gently.

"You can't hide anything from me" The emperor growled quietly for fear of waking her and looked at him with a sneer. "I can hear all of your secrets."

"No wonder Queen Danae sent her with you, even if you yearn for her." Stepping on the feelings he had kept hidden since he was a child, the red fabric of his cape covering her body possessively.

"I will not give her to you."