Secrets from three years ago

Chapter 8

Secrets from three years ago

I couldn't breathe, talk, or even move. The revelation of this was huge for me, I mean it's not every day you find out that you are friends with someone who is considered a somebody in another country. A freaking Crown Prince at that! Granted I have never heard of him but who was I to even point that out, like really I'm just a commoner in their eyes.

At this point I have so many questions that I have no answers to, how does Ryan, Mel and Chad fit into this? But as I looked in the eyes of Chad, I knew that Rissa couldn't have kept it in any longer. It seems like she has known things for a while now, how long has she been keeping this from me? She needed Chad's permission to tell me everything I need to know at this time and I'm assuming he's here to shed some light to some questions or to warn me to not talk about this huge secret. Chad was his cousin after all; wait, does that mean that Chad is also a royal? What about Ryan and Mel, they said that their parents were working for the family of Drew, and that they grew up with him? I think it's safe to say they also kept this from me. Was I the last one to know about this huge secret?

Chad made his way inside my room, he suddenly looked at the top of my dresser which was filled with pictures. There were three that stood out though, Rissa and I on the beach when we were fifteen, Jam and I during my visit in France last year and my family picture. He just stood there like he was remembering something, but I couldn't take the silence anymore I needed to know why exactly he's here.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with a small voice.

He looked at me for five seconds and then stared at the pictures again. Obviously he was giving the one with his girlfriend more attention than the others.

"Well, you're in my house, in my room, I'm guessing there's a reason for this?" I said, this time with a firmer voice.

"We both know why I'm here, you have some questions and I'm the only one who can answer them without any biases. Ryan would make my cousin the bad guy because he would want you to trust him, you know his intentions, and Andrew is the one involved here and again I'm guessing you have an inkling about his intentions as well." he said this without looking at me just the pictures.

"I remember this picture of you and Rissa it was the day that I realized I had my first crush. You guys were fifteen and I just turned sixteen, I wanted to come near you and possibly introduce myself but I had my hesitations. I was the new kid after all, even if I had been staying here for thirteen months at that point, I was still the new kid. Rissa was very pretty but I had to admit that you had more things going for you. You have these eyes that captures people. It has a certain pull that would make anyone want to know you more, it's like you wouldn't want to look away. It was very expressive that anyone can practically read you just by looking at them." he said still looking at the picture.

I was shocked, I don't even remember most of that day just that Rissa and I were messing around like usual. But looking at him looking at those pictures I can tell that he remembered everything that happened that day. And what is up with my eyes?

"Would it be weird if I told you that you were my first crush? But don't think anything from it, before I had the time to react my cousin saw you and said that he would go back here and introduce himself to you. You were just too young then. After all he was already nineteen and you were only fifteen, plus he wasn't staying here long, he was only here to visit us over the weekend and make sure we were adjusting well. I knew that he wasn't kidding about going back so I took my hint and then moved on. It wasn't until I joined the football team sophomore year that I really saw Rissa, she was everything I was looking for and soon I took the courage and asked her out." he smiled at that, he really did love Rissa. He has that certain glow that he only has when he talks about her.