Being paranoid leads to a conflict

Chapter 11

Being paranoid leads to a conflict

It was now Monday and I sincerely feel happy, maybe this is what people are talking about when you're at the beginning of any relationship. You have that specific time wherein your smile is just there no matter what. You should feel like you're in cloud nine.

"So, I heard I have officially lost the battle." said a familiar voice I haven't heard for a while.

"Huh?" I said. Is it sad that I have totally forgotten Ryan over the weekend because of all the craziness that has happened?

"You and Drew?" Ryan asked like I betrayed him or something.

"Yeah we're together, though I asked him to not mention it to anyone for now. I'm not really ready for the whole chaos that comes with dating him." I said, I'm not even sure why I'm explaining all this to Ryan but we did agree to be friends and isn't this what friends do? Share what's happening with their lives. I just hope sharing this information isn't going to create trouble for me because I sincerely hope this would make him back off.

"So, I haven't lost the war. I'll see you later." Ryan said as he walked away.

I guess I spoke too soon, I really want him to move on and see other people.

"Was that Ryan I just saw?" Drew said walking his way towards me smiling. Wow he really is a looker, with that white polo, blue jeans and loafers he really looks amazing. Wait, does this mean I can ogle him all I want because I'm his girlfriend? Because if it does this is really making me like the idea more and more.

Nonetheless I was shocked to see him there, I couldn't help but feel like he was making sure Ryan wasn't bugging me or something. I hope this is just in my head.

"Yeah he was just confirming some news from me, so I'm happy you're here but what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I wanted to see my girlfriend and well I have to see people regarding the library and such." Drew said while embracing me.

I started to feel uncomfortable with the looks the bystanders were giving us, curiosity and envy I think. I mean I get the fact that I'm dating a cutie that I don't deserve but can't they just mind their own business?

"Oh, well I'll see you later after school then." I said removing his hands from my waist and collected my books.

He looked a bit annoyed but then covered it up and nodded making his way through the people to meet with the student board.

I just hope that annoyed look isn't a sign of something.

---------------

My relationship with Drew is really doing well, it's now been two weeks since we agreed to date and for me everything is somehow in place. We don't really go out that much because I'm afraid of being found out but Drew has been really understanding.

I was collecting my books for my next class in my locker when someone hugged me from behind.

"Hey so Les Miserable is currently showing in a cinema near me, and it has a great reviews. I'm not sure if you've seen it but I know you love the book so why not check it out if they really do it justice? It also doesn't hurt that your favorite actress, Anne Hathaway, is there singing her heart out. After which we can eat out the next town over, there's this new Italian restaurant I want to take you, they serve your favorite pasta there. So what do you say, game?" Drew asked with a hopeful face.

"Uhh Drew I think that isn't a good idea, I mean what if... You know what mom said she's making her famous lasagna, your favorite and I rented out some of my all-time favorite films at home. I even got some you will like, Transformers, LOTR, and some Harry Potter films we haven't seen together. Maybe next time we can go, okay?" I reasoned.