06

"One sweet lie led to thousand sweet lies. But one truth was so bitter that it could end everything, so I chose to stay silent."

~~~~~~~~~~~•••••~~~~~~~

"Who were they?" I sensed that he was curious. He didn't ask for a long time. 

He went and bought first aid and food for me. While he was treating my wound he finally asks. As much as I love to hear his voice, I hate to talk to him. Because with every question he asks, adds to the list of my lies. 

However, I refuse to reveal my identity. 

"I am a lawyer. I have enemies." I chuckle as he is too focused on slowly dabbing the cotton on my hand. He is too soft.

I let out a breathy chuckle seeing he is more scared than me. Of course, he would be. He has a complete different life than me. 

"It wouldn't hurt if you go a little hard and do it fast." He stops and shoot me a glare. 

I never found a glare cute. Now, I do. 

I bite back a smile. "It's bleeding." He speak through gritted teeth before going back to doing that. I don't speak further and let him do. 

He sits up straight as soon as he is done with my hand wound. "Remove your shirt." I pout my lips showing him my hand which is not in a condition to remove a shirt. He blinks his eyes, probably confused what he should do now.

He is more cute when he is clueless.

"I don't have a problem if you do it." He hesitantly nods his head before leaning in to remove my shirt. I ball my fists as I feel his hot breath on my cheeks. 

I have difficulty in breathing for a while, that's until he is near me. As soon as he is done and he steps away, I slowly release my breath which I was holding. 

"Isn't there anything you can do about those people? Till when will they keep coming after you?" I don't know what to answer him with. 

"I'll settle it down soon." He hums in response. "Is your back hurting a lot?" He asks again while bandaging the wound on my chest. "No, it's fine now." He doesn't believe me until he sees it himself. 

"Thankfully, there is no swelling." He heaves out a low sigh standing up. "I'll get food for you, then you can eat the medicines." I nod my head as my gaze follows him. 

His back is facing me as he prepares the ramens for the two of us. I lean back on the bed staring at him. My lips curl up, as I stare at him more and more. 

He must have felt that because the next second I hear something from him.

"I am preparing food for you to eat. Be patient." I am quick enough to understand what he means. I clear my throat looking away. Suddenly, I feel the need to defend myself even if he is correct. 

"I wasn't looking at you." My voice is loud and clear as I cross my arms. 

"I never said otherwise." Even though I can't see his face I am so damn sure he is smirking. 

He brings the food and sets it on the bed. I lean forward, taking in the delicious smell of the food. As I extend my hand to hold the chopsticks, I realize I can't eat with my hand. 

How stupid I can be to hold the sharp side of the knife. I could've done anything else. 

"I want to kill that man." I don't realize that I said it out loud until I feel his burning gaze on me. "I mean, just look at what he did. Who even uses knives these days?" He scoffs shaking his head.

I don't know for what, I get that reaction. 

He picks up the bowl sitting beside me. He extends his hand feeding me. I keep staring at his hand for about a minute. 

It's not even that big of a deal but it is. 

I gulp down the hard lump in my throat. I am so clueless that why his every little action has such a great impact on me. Why does he affect me so much?

"Hurry up. You need to eat the medicines after this." I lean forward eating from his hands. He keeps feeding me. "Aren't you hungry? Eat." I look at his hand and tell him to eat too. He nods his head, eating with me. 

I am busy looking at him until I am interrupted by the ringtone of my phone. I pick my cell phone keeping it near my ears. 

"Y/n, did you reach safely? They don't know where you are, right?" She asks breathlessly. I should've seen the caller ID and not picked up the call.

Or maybe that was a worse idea.

"Yoon. Breathe. I am fine." I expected to hear a sigh of relief from her but what I get instead: "Really? You ain't lying, right? Are you really okay?" 

I glance at the man beside me who is eating before answering. 

"I really am fine." I speak in my most consoling voice to convince her. "Look, If I later find out that something happened, I, myself will kill you." I have to let out a laugh at that.

This girl will kill me? 

That's the definition of impossible in one sentence. 

"Alright, I just got some scratches. Otherwise, I am totally fine." I feel his gaze on me as soon as I said that. I look at him and blink my eyes. "Fuck it. I know what you call scratches. Oh god, y/n. How can you be so careless? What's the use of years of training if you can't save yourself. I am-" I have to cut her off before she panics anymore. 

"Hwang So Yoon." There is a moment of silence before she speaks again. "What?" She shouts in a frustrated tone. "Have you eaten?" I know she hasn't. She must be walking back and forth getting tensed for nothing. 

"Not yet." Her voice is low but suddenly she speaks another sentence, a bit louder. "But we aren't talking about food right now-" Please, someone go and tell her to just sit and take a breath. 

Because she ain't listening to me. "I am fine. Go eat and then sleep. I'll meet you tomorrow, yeah?" I don't hear any answer from her so I speak again. "Did you hear me?" I hear her humming the next second.

"Take care of yourself. And call me if there is any problem." I hum in response before hanging up. 

I look away from my phone searching for Jungkook. I see him walking towards me with medicines in his hand and a glass of water.

He hands me them as I eat it gulping down the water.

"Don't you think the scratches are too deep?" He mocks at me with a smirk on the corner of his lips. I roll my eyes. "Sometimes, lies are better than truths." For me, that sometimes have become all time.

"Yeah, yeah. Who was that, your mom?" He again mocks at me letting out a chuckle.

I stare at his face. When he notices my gaze he stops smiling looking away. My lips curl up as I shake my head.

"Friend." He looks at me blinking his eyes before he nods his head.

"Friends like those are precious."