38

"He teaches me the way to live life. But, lifeless people can't live anymore, can they?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~•••••••~~~~~~~~

<Y/n>

As I flicker my eyes, adjusting them to the bright light. The first face I see is his.

I heave out a sigh as my lips corner up into a smile.

Here, I thought I was seeing that face for the very last time.

I almost lived as if they were my last moments.

Wait...!

I am not dreaming, right? I really am awake, right?

My heart almost stops when this thought comes in my mind. What if I am dead?

Trust me, I've never cared for my life as much as I do right now.

"Are you feeling okay?" His voice hits my ears and that's when I know, this is not a dream.

The tension from my bones starts to drain out as I relax my shoulders.

I tilt my head staring at him. The way he frowns in concern and the worry written all over his face and the happiness in his eyes, I feel so relieved.

Nonetheless,

I hate him.

Because everytime I see him, I realize I need him so bad in my life.
He is everything I have ever wanted. And he's also everything I can never have.

My lips curl up as I keep staring at him. He is speaking but no words reach my ears.

It feels so good to have someone who cares for me so much.

The doctor comes and checks upon me but my eyes are fixed on him. I see him tapping his feet on the ground fidgeting with his fingers.

Unknowingly, a chuckle leaves my lips .

Now, I have two pairs of eyes staring at me as if I just committed a murder.

"What's so funny?" Jungkook asks raising his brow glaring at me intimidately. I press my lips into a thin line shaking my head.

"Are you done, doc?" He asks him.

"Yeah, Meet me in my office half an hour later." And the doctor finally leaves leaving the two of us alone.

He walks in my direction sitting on the stool staring at his lap.

The only sound inside the room is of our breathing.

I finally decide to break the silence.

"You are not hurt right?" His head snaps towards me as if I asked something wrong.

I didn't.

I just asked if he is all good?

He stares at me with those doe eyes.

The ones which are not empty. They are different from when I first saw them. He looks like an open book now. 

He scoffs silently looking away.

"Look, who's asking?" And then his gaze travels all over me. I realize that it's not him who got hurt, it's me.

It's me who almost died.

But what's even bigger matter here?

He saw me almost dying right in front of his eyes.

Trust me, no one. I repeat, No one can know what it feels like to see someone so close to your heart dying in front of your own eyes better than me.

I feel his warm touch over my cold hands sending a relieving sensation in my body.

And what's next?

A cold teardrop falls on my palm. I look up blinking my eyes.

"Why did you have to do it alone?" His voice breaks as he looks at me.

His face is drenched with tears and he looks so vulnerable.

I gulp the hard lump in my throat looking at his state.

And then, realization hits me.

He's letting go of his pain through those tears. This requires a lot more courage than you expect.

Only if I was stronger that day. Only if I had enough guts to cry and let my sorrow out. Only if I had fallen on my knees and cried until the next morning and then the entire next day, maybe I wouldn't have been so miserable today.

Maybe life would have been different.

"You know I'm always with you." He says wiping his tears holding my hand.

I tilt my head smiling at him.

"I know. Next time, let's do it together." He shakes his head instantly.

"There's not going to be next time. I will protect you. I promise, you'll never be hurt ever again."

I press my lips into a thin line biting back a smile.

He keeps staring at me for a while. He have many questions, I can tell but he isn't asking anything.

"Go on. Ask me." He raises a brow blinking his eyes in confusion.

I heave out a sigh.

"I saved Min Su that day from the Plane Crash. This story goes back to four years ago."

He stares at me listening attentively as I continue.

"We met in Moscow four years ago. We hung out a lot because besides our faces there were lot many things which were in common. Eventually we got too close. But, you can't have something forever."

My breath hitch as I repeat my own sentence over and over again in my head.

Does that mean Jungkook wouldn't be there for me forever?

I glide my tongue over my lips feeling a tightening pain in my chest.

"We went our ways and got busy with our lives. I almost forgot—"

I halt on my words because forgetting isn't in my dictionary.

Wish it was.

"Well, yeah... We got busy in our lives and then one day in the beginning of this year I got her call. She wanted to meet me so I made time for her. She said it was something urgent. When I got where she called me, I saw the most unfamiliar expression on her face. As you know, I'm quick witted. It didn't take much time for me to realize that something was wrong.
She kept talking to me like usual but also not usual. She wanted to say something but she couldn't."

I chew on my lips staring at the plane wall.

"After that meet, she just vanished."

I turn my head to look at his reactions. He frowns tilting his head.

"Vanished?" I nod my head.

"Months went by but I was searching for her constantly. As I replayed her conversation in my mind from earlier, I realized she was in danger. And then, I found out she was flying to Cuba. I wanted to talk to her before she goes away, so I rushed there. But I knew that her suddenly flying to Cuba was strange so I sneaked her out of her private jet without anyone knowing before it could fly. When I replayed her conversation, I realized she wanted me to get her out of some situation she was in."

A smile cracks on my lips as I remember how tightly she hugged me at that moment as if she was holding onto her dear life.

"What happened then?" He asks curiously.

"I took her home. Relaxed her a bit. Thought of avoiding the topic for sometime and watch television instead. When switched to the news channel, it was all over the television that a private jet under LBC company was crashed."

He pokes his inner cheeks nodding his head.

"She got lucky. She escaped the acciden—"

I cut him off instantly.

"It was a planned murder."