Ch 12:Training

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping loudly and warm sunlight gently heating my face.

I groan as I got up to wash up, slipping on my demon slayer uniform without my haori, I walk to my kitchen to hear loud crashing.

"Alright! Who's robbing us?!"I held my fists up ready for a fight.

But instead, I see the twins looking at the mess on the floor and Mako with his hand on his face.

We stare at each other until I broke the silence.

"What the hell are you doing?"Even though my mask covers up my face, they still can feel my death stare as I walk closer.

I sigh before lightly smack their heads.

"Stop giving Mako-kun trouble."

"Sorry..."

"If you wanted to cook, you should have informed me. I would have taught you how to."I huff as I walk away to get cleaning supplies.

"Do clean up and join us for breakfast afterwards."

"Hai.."

I sat down with the rest of the children with my cup of coffee.

"So how's training for everyone?"

I pick up my chopsticks.

"Everyone has been steadily increasing their runs around the house to improve their lung capacity."

I hum in response as I chew.

"Do follow up on your schedule, I will be out for Hashira training."

"Hai!"

Afterwards, I headed out with my haori and katana, heading to the compound.

It was the Hashira training month where every Hashira comes together for training with each other to improve their capabilities.

I yawn and stretch my arms over my head as I enter. Sanemi was fighting against Giyuu as I look around to see the others cheering for either side to win.

"Is it my turn yet?"My voice catches their attention once they were done.

They turn their heads to face me.

"Yep!"Giyuu then walks over to Sabito to rest.

"Hai~ Don't go easy on me Shinazugawa-san."I joke as I got a wooden Kendo sword from the storage.

"As if I would go easy on you."He rolls his eyes before Kanae said we could start.

"So angry after our last fight?" I provoke him as I step back in time to avoid a blow to my head.

"Tch."

I quickly block his kick as I raise my arms, only noticing then it was a fluke and the real attack was an uppercut sword hit.

The sword makes contact with my chin, sending me backwards as stumble a bit.

There was a moment of silence as I remove my hand from my face, my mask was sent flying upwards when he landed the hit.

"Oi. That was painful."I smile with my eyes closed as I walk towards him.

He must be stunned when my mask flew off as he took my attack to the head with no actions to block it.

I sigh as I got my mask back on.

"Kyaa!Haru-san looks so pretty!"Mitsuri tackles me into a hug.

"Eh?Mitsuri-san?"

"Why do you even wear a mask Haru-san?"Rengoku asks as the rest came over.

"I don't really like others to see my face?.."I nervously chuckle before retreating to the door.

"I will see you guys tomorrow!"I hurriedly leave the room before they could say anything else.

The sun was already setting while I reach my estate. I could hear the yelling inside, I sigh while prepping myself for the worst.

I slide open the door to see them arguing among themselves over the last piece of meat. I slap my hand onto my face while sighing.

"All of you stop fighting!"I took off my boots.

"Sorry.."

"If your that hungry, just cook more."I went to the kitchen to cook my own dinner.

I can feel the stares at me as I turn around.

"What."I finish washing my hands.

"Could you cook for us?..."

I look at them with a deadpan look as I turn around to my pot of water.

I wave at them to signal an okay. They cheered as I prepped more servings.

"Should I help Haru-san?"Mako walks in with his apron on.

"Please do."

He chops the meat into thin slices to boil while I finish cutting the dough into thin noodles to boil.

"Just add this and that..."I added ingredients into the pot for the soup.

"Now for the noodles and meat.."

I push the noodles and meat into the boiling soup and cracked open a few eggs.

I whip them and pour them into a frying pan with oil.

The sound of sizzling and the smell of fragrant eggs with noodles could be smelt across the room.

I shape the eggs into an omelette and served the noodles with the meat.

"Here."I place a bowl of steaming hot noodles with the omelette on top.

"Be careful it's hot."

"Hai!"They happily eat as I clean up in the kitchen.

I only ate when they were done and went to clean up and sleep.

I yawn when I finally got into bed.

'Hopefully, tomorrow is a lighter workload for me.'I sigh internally before drifting off.