Ch 35:Marks

'It should be time for the sun to rise..'

"Tanjiro!Cover for your sister!"I look back at the supposed beheaded body to see it gone.

'Where?-'

The screams of people catch my attention as I divert to a group of people being chased by Hantengu.

"Tch."I quickly rush to them, feeling the rays of sunlight covering my body.

'Where would he be...'I sharpen my senses as I got closer.

'The heart!'

I narrow my eyes as I could feel his presence in the body.

"Lava breathing,Second Form:Magma Chamber Pierce!"

The sword makes its way towards the heart where the small body of the original was found.

"Haa.."I stand up as I regain my footing in the grass.

I watch as the sun now fully came up to cover the field in brightness, bringing my thoughts to Nezuko.

"Ah! Is Nezuko okay?"I turn back to see her walking in the sunlight without her muzzle.

I look at her in shock as I drop the sword I was holding to run up to her.

"Y-you're not burning?"I whisper as she tries to speak.

"M-morning."She smiles back at me.

Tanjiro and the rest come up to us to see Nezuko standing in the sun with me.

"N-nezuko?"Tanjiro rushes up to check on her.

"She conquered the sun.."I whisper to myself as Tanjiro collapse onto the ground, exhausted from the fight.

"Tanjiro?"I got down to the ground to check its pulse.

I heave a sigh of relief as he was just tired.

"Shall we head back?"I pass the sword back to Haganezuka as Nezuko gave a piggyback ride to Tanjiro.

We met up with Muichiro and Mitsuri as she came dashing towards, crying and pulling us into a group hug that we won.

~Timeskip~

It's been 7 days since we got back to the compound, Tanjiro went into sleep for the time being and the other two Hashiras just slept for 2 days.

I can hear Zenitsu's shouting as I walk about the Butterfly estate. It's been like this since he came back from his mission to see a now talking Nezuko.

I sigh as my crow comes flying towards me to inform me of an emergency meeting.

"Hai hai.."I close my eyes as tiredness takes over my body, I had to drag my feet to where it was being held.

I slid open the doors to see everyone else present, even Muichiro and Mitsuri who was supposed to be resting.

"Sorry about being late.."I close the doors and make my way over to sit down next to Shinobu.

It was then, Ubuyashiki Amane came in with her two kids. It seems as though she would be in his place for this meeting as we bow to pay our respects.

She went on to talk about demon markings that appeared on Muichiro and Mitsuri when they fought.

"But I haven't heard of it. So why are we hiding this?"Sanemi spoke up when she was done explaining what the marks were.

"It's most likely that the information containing this, was hazy over time as it was passed down, "I replied as I got my hand up to think.

"It starts spreading among swordsman when one starts to appear as if resonating."

"However the first one to have this mark is not one of the Hashira here, but Kamado Tanjiro."

"So please inform us,Kanroji-sama,Tokitou-sama."

Mitsuri came in with her own outburst of information and when it died down we deadpan at her explanation, making her embarrassed.

"I'm so sorry. I will go hide in a tiny hole now."She bows down to the mat, hiding her face.

"Pfft.."I turn my face to the side as I try to hold in my laughter.

'Hold it in!'I scream internally as I can feel a certain Snake Hashira stare at me.

"I wasn't aware of any marks."Muichiro began speaking, our attention now on him.

He went on to explain how he receives the mark in his fight. We listen as he talks about his body reaching about 39 degrees and a heartbeat over 200bpm.

'Mm, That seems intense doesn't it?'

Amane went on to inform us that we would need to participate in a training exercise, whether we received the mark or not. She leaves us to talk among ourselves.

I sigh as I flop onto the matting, mumbling."I don't get paid enough for this.."

"Oh, cheer up Haru! At least now we would train with each other."Mitsuri cheerful beams at my tired figure.

"Yeah, No. I am out of here."I got up in a flash to run away.

"Haru, Where do you think you're going?"Shinobu gives me her signature sweet tone that she would use when mad.

"I don't need a mark just to increase my power levels. Besides those would cut your years of living."I huffed as I slid the door.

"They would?"Mitsuri replies in a panic tone.

"Yeah, I read about them in a book when I still being trained by the Uppermoons."I think back to the moment where I found Muzan's study.

"Besides I believe I should prepare my training schedule for the lower rankings instead. So, See y'all!"I quickly hop to the roofs to avoid getting tackled by them, in hopes of restraining me.

"Hehe."I look back at them to see them on the matting, all over each other groaning at the impact of crashing into each other.