Summer

10 days 'till summer.               [Loren]

School is boring. We are all in the same school. I'm in the same desk with Mark and time always passes quickly. But today is the worst Monday. I made it till the bell rang tho. Once I went outside I saw Cole and Maddy together -dahhh- and Sophia with Maria. We came closer and the first thing Sophia said is "10 days till summer" "what?" I heard Olivia saying. And then it hit me. I used to countdown the days till summer but this year I hadn't even thought that summer was close. Maybe because of this damn pandemic. "Okay and?" I said. For a moment I saw Sophia being eyes-wide shocked, "are you serious?" Maria said with a small laugh "it's summer. You used to be crazy about summer" and she looked me straight in the eyes like she was trying to bring back all the summer memories of last year, which she probably was. And she didn't fail, for a moment i had a flashback from all those summer memories that were lost for months. "Dead serious" I answered returning the look "Come on we have a pandemic" I answered breaking the eye contact and returning back to Sophia. "Fuck the pandemic" was the only thing she said as she looked incredibly confident about what she had in mind for the summer.

Mark was waiting outside of the school with the new motorcycle he's dad paid a fortune for. "So who wants a fast ride" he said "you mean who is willing to die with you? No thanks" said Maria "you know I'm a good driver" he answered half smiling. "I'm going with Cole" Maddy said like we didn't know. "Okay I'm coming" Sophia yelled like she was trying to hold herself from saying it all this time. Maria looked her angrily and she returned a «sorry, couldn't help it» look. Mark started the vehicle and the engine roared and just like that he disappeared down the street with a loud noice.
The triplets, Loo and Mo skated down the street and Olivia, Maria the Morte twins and me walked down the street. Ethan, Owen and Josh were waiting for us outside Maria's house. She was the only one living just so close to the school, lucky her. Maria left her bag and we all walked to the beach where everyone else -of course- already was.
   Everyone was sitting in the bare sand and Maddy and Cole had already started making out -well guess who broke their own record-, Mark was sitting in his motorbike and Sophia was waiting for Maria and the rest. We ordered pizzas and we talked until we changed our subject to making summer plans. We all decided to spend the summer together as anyone had any plans. I then started to feel the summer again. I had to feel the summer for so long. I hadn't realised how intense that feeling is, cause summer isn't just a season its a whole feeling, a whole situation like love and I realised it right then and there. I wondered if you could fall in love with summer and I understood that you very much could. "Loren was the most excited i remember it" was the phrase that got me out of my thoughts, I shook my head and realised that it was Mark. I also realised that he hadn't talked for a while. One thing I could do is remember and know every person's voice and even though I wasn't listening to what they said I just knew that he wasn't talking all this time. "Excited about what?" I say looking at him "the love of your life. Summer" he said with his half smile...