7 motnhs

Maddy

I can't believe we were going to the festival AND it was the same day with my 7 month anniversary with Cole. It is gonna be awesome I know it. Summer is gonna be here in 5 days and I was so ready for it. Everything in my life was going perfect. I had the perfect boyfriend, a big friend group and free tickets for the biggest festival of the year - basically it was going better than I ever expected.

The festival was in 15 days so the band invited the whole group for the big rehearsal. Cole took me there with his car, everyone was there when we arrived and we sat with the rest of the group and they began.

The rehearsal was great and every one was really confident that the concert was gonna be perfect. School was closing in 10 days and all of us were excited but at the same time worried because with the pandemic the last summer felt like 2 years ago. "Hey you, what are you thinking about" how does he- "don't play dump I can see you thinking from miles away" [J] "um nothing I was just thinking about summer, its been a long time you know..." [M] "I know; but don't worry you're 17 b!tch its in your blood do have fun" [J] "I know, I know" I said and smiled which you'd probably think it was fake but no, this would be our year.

It was getting late we watched the sun set as we were finishing the pizzas (at this point we've been eating pizza every evening four days in a row there are good chances that a pizza tree will grow in my stomach, well free pizzas) "babe, I'm tired" said Cole as he came back from the snack store down the road -where I figured later he was at for more than half an hour with me not realising since I talking with the triplets- "okay we can go don't worry its getting late anyways" "thanks" he said forcing a smile. We said goodbye to the group and some other group of kids that were around at the same beach and left. He was gonna stay at my place tonight so I wasn't sad for leaving the beach cause I would spend some alone time with him. When we got to my room I started changing to my sleeping clothes and promised myself I would shower tomorrow before sleep cause I didn't want to spend my time in the shower while he was there. He sat on my bed typing at his phone. When I came in he placed the phone faced down on my desk and laid in my bed "you're stuck with me tonight poor kid" I said to him jokingly "talk about bad luck" he said and we both laughed as I jumped in the bed "well you might as well enjoy it" I said and I came closer placing my hands on his neck and starting kissing him "I don't know babe I'm-" I kissed him again and he pulled back and continued "-kinda tired tonight" I looked at him and sat back on my side of the bed "oh. Um that's okay hon, maybe another time" I said kinda ashamed "yea, I guess" he said and laid facing the opposite direction of me. I pulled the blanket high up my neck and turned facing the wall confused.

When I woke up the next day Cole was gone, I thought of calling him but felt kinda like I made him uncomfortable last night. I was hella confused and I really needed to call someone so I decided to call Josh, he picked up immediately and it was pretty obvious that he had just woken up "sup honey, you know its really early right?" He said sleepily "Josh its 12:27" I said and smiled at him "well still. This face needs sleep, you want me to have black circled under my eyes?" "Well sorry its just that-" I was trying to find a way to tell him but I then thought that I'm maybe making a big deal out of something simple "its just what?" He said and then again "are you okay mads?" "Well um yea its just that something happened with josh yesterday evening"... When I told him everything -and i mean everything- he looked at me and said "well I don't know hon but if there's something I know about boys is that they wouldn't miss such an opportunity, I don't think thats a good sign" "And wait there's more" I said "last night, at the beach, he was at the snack store for more than half an hour, I didn't notice at first but then it hit me" I said he looked at me socked and said "girl. He wasn't the only one spending a lot of time at the snack shop last night" at that point I felt my head heavy "what" I said "well last night I was chatting with another group of friend next to ours at the beach and there was this girl that went missing for like half an hour, all of her friends where looking for her and she came back afterwards claiming she was at the snack shop down the road. What was her name again, ah Jenny, I'm dming you her Instagram right now. And lets not mention that the last time I checked before we arrive at the beach yesterday the snack shop was closed. Mads dumb him, I don't think he was alone"

To be honest not many things happened after the call, I confronted him, I hated him with all I had but I didn't cry, that's not me. We were over. The saddest part of the story is that I wasted 7 months of my life.