DAVID [PART ONE]

Being poor on the streets wasn't easy, especially when there wasn't room in the newsies lodge for you to stay

Being poor on the streets wasn't easy, especially when there wasn't room in the newsies lodge for you to stay. You slept on the streets most days, scrounging for money to eat what you could, but Pulitzer really screwed the newsies over, as after a day you barely had enough money to buy any food anyways. Joining the strike was exhilarating, for sure, especially when you met Davey. You got along extremely well, becoming quite close over the time of the strike, helping each other out when you could and looking out for one another when in trouble. You had the biggest crush on him, and it was pretty obvious, but it was also clear he liked you back, so the others had quite a few jokes. You, Jack, and Davey became the heads to the operation, being just as important to the strike as the workers themselves. But from your very core you had been independent, taking care of yourself for years, and when starving on the streets, there wasn't much room to refuse an offer as good as Weasel and Pulitzer had for you after they caught you on your way back to Manhattan. You didn't want to go to the shelter and starve there, so you reluctantly agreed to the terms of the deal, showing up in clean, proper clothes to grab a stack of newspapers. You could feel the stares from your friends, the nasty words being thrown about, and you could especially feel the heated stare of David.

•••

"What- what is Y/n doing...?"