Chapter 2: "Why did I stop running?"

{Kiara POV}

I look over to the kind guy who tried to help me, and smiled. The first real smile I have had in ages. The first time I felt like smiling. The first time anyone has seen me smile. He stared at me curiously but with a hint of shock. Yeh, I tend to do that to people. I brought my hand to my chin and signed thank you to him. I didn't miss the confusion written on his face but I knew I didn't have anymore time left.

The demons have finally caught me.

After years of running, years of hiding, years of crying and starving. Just years. They have finally caught me. And I only had myself to blame.

I knew I was the only one who could see the demons. The only one who could face them. Everyone else only saw nothing, living a life full of peace and love as they are completely oblivious to the dangers of the world around them.

The reality of the world around them.

I continued staring at the demon, watching it bare it's teeth to me and let out a low intimidating growl that only I could hear.

I could tell the boy who had tried to save me had no idea what I was doing, no idea what I was looking at. And I'm glad. I don't want anyone to have been through what I have been through. To have been through hell and back. Literally and figuratively.

I took a deep breath as I prepared myself for torture yet again. I guess 5 years of running was as much freedom as I was ever going to get. But I'm happy with it. Knowing that I had a small taste of what freedom could feel like. Even if it was spent living in constant fear.

Another loud growl erupted into the forest, the loud, shocking, sound bouncing off of trees and sending the small critters of the forest running. I felt the immense pain as soon as the demon's claws took hold of me. I tried to hold it in but I couldn't, I screamed. I knew where I was going, what I was about to endure. But I didn't care. The only thing I cared about was leaving my almost savior lying on the dirt of the forest floor. Leaving him questioning everything he once knew.

Hopefully he'll wake up tomorrow and think it was all a dream. No other person needs to be brought to the reality of the world we live in. To be brought away from the false hope that surrounds us.

But deep down I knew this boy was never going to be the same again. Always wondering what exactly happened this night.

The night I was stupid enough to slow down, stupid enough to stop running.

Why did I ring that stupid doorbell and why did I stop running?

~~~~~~~~

A/N

Thoughts??

I know this chapter is pretty short, especially compared to the first chapter, but this is about the usual chapter length in this story. So, to let y'all know, the rest of the chapters will range from 500-700 words.

Love y'all!

~Jay <3