Chapter 3: "Now, when did I get to the surface?"

{Kiara POV}

I woke up in the one place I knew all too well.

Hell.

"Ahh so the little girl is finally awake?" I stared into the merciless eyes of the devil himself.

Lucifer.

Or should I say daddy dearest?

I stayed emotionless, keeping my face the same dull, lifeless expression I have learned to perfect throughout the years. Staying silent and showing no response was the only way I could keep control.

Even if that control was a bare minimum and did nothing to help my case.

I never understood my situation. The "why me" question floating throughout my mind ever since I was born.

The "why can't I hear humans but I can hear demons?" question was another popular one as well.

Let's not forget the "why can I see the demons when no one else can?" or the "what do these creatures want from me?"

Yeah, I had a lot of questions.

"Oh, no 'hello' to your father?" The taunting question lingered in the air like a bad aftertaste. I knew he wasn't my father. I at least had DNA that proved that. But for some reason, I had more DNA than I should.

It didn't answer any of my questions though.

"Why are you so obsessed with me?" I weakly asked, the years of non-stop running and surviving finally catching up to me, making me more useless than I already was.

"Oh so the puppet does speak does she now?"

"I'm not your puppet." I spat bitterly.

"Now now little girl you better watch that mouth of yours if you know what's good for you." He paused, walking back and forth in front of me as if he were lecturing a college class, before finally walking right up to me and leaning centimeters away from my face. "You know what happened last time you talked back." I continued with my emotionless façade, ignoring the pent up anxiety, fear, and dread that continued to circle my insides. Yeah, I knew all too well what happened the last time I dared to talk back, and I had the scars to prove it.

He brought his hands up and snapped his middle finger and thumb together, creating a thunderous roar that echoed throughout the mansion of hell. Two of his servants rushed forward and took his side, bowing their heads "respectively".

"Take her to the surface. You know what to do." He turned to me as the demonites stepped back and waited for him to leave.

"I'll see you soon sweetheart." He said in a sickly sweet tone. For a brief moment my blank expression broke, and I stared at him in pure confusion.

He laughed a deep, haunting chuckle that filled up the entire dungeon I was being kept in. "You may think your off the hook. But trust me when I say we will see each other once again in the near future, if the prophecy has anything to say about it. Now, have fun running for the next however many years. I promise we'll be in touch again soon, ta-ta daughter dearest." He leaned in so he was breathing in my ear, "And remember. I never break my promises. You should know that by now."

With that final word, he snapped his fingers once again and disappeared into the depths of hell to do whatever it is that Lucifer does.

And once again, I was left with too many questions, a burning claw mark on my neck, and the emptiness that comes with being me.

I looked up when I felt a light breeze against my skin.

Now, when did I get to the surface?

~~~~~~~~

A/N

Y'all, this story is actually not sounding too bad lmao. I'm going with the flow while trying to keep the mystery, and I think it's working out.

Comment/share/vote if you wish!

Love y'all!

~Jay <3