Flying into her dreams

~Two years prior~

"Salamualiykum,..."flight attendant's greeting got into her ears making her flinch, she sat up straight, her vision still blurry so she rubbed her eyes and stifles a yawn as she continued stretching. After trying for solid one or two minutes she finally got into her senses back.

According to what she gathered from the left out announcement, the plane had entered Cairo and was to land soon enough. She with all her speed started packing and cleaning her stuff which was all over her seat in this long nine hours flight. Done with everything she looked beyond the window with glitters in her eyes which were showing pure ambition and struggles untold, the view brought a sudden smile to her lips making a dent to appear in her left cheek though it wasn't visible to others eyes as a veil covered her whole face leaving the eyes.

Forth lays the city in miniature that she adored for so many years, the city which she believed would give her wings. Where she'll go venture out in the sky, leaving behind all her sorrows and sufferings on the ground.

Lost in reverie she was getting excited yet nervous for what her destiny beholds in the future when her brother gave her a nudge bringing her back. In all the emotions that were getting the best of her she almost forgot that her brother was also with her.

"You done with packing? We're almost there." asked her brother.

"Yes, pretty much!" she nodded stealing a quick glance over her sitting area just to make sure one last time.

With that another announcement was made to fasten their seatbelts and straighten their seats as the plane was going to land.

She could see the runway edges outlined with neon lights for it was an hour of past midnight and now after taking few rounds around it, plane was ready to set it's feet on the ground while heading straight. Her grip tightened as she holded her breath, just then with a "Screeeeeeech" sound the weels and the runway met each other accompanied by flares that were produced by their meeting.

"Thank you for flying with us" said the air hostess with a smile as she passed by her in the queue, in response she could say nothing but nod for her focus was somewhere else, on the exit as she was way too excited for setting her feet on this country's ground.

Embracing herself by pulling the strap of her backpack she took a long breath in and put out her head slowly and shortly after took a step ahead, the morning fresh breeze hit her face making her shiver a little so she crossed her arms and rubbed the hands against the back of her elbows. The big modern airport terminal was standing ahead of her eyes glowing in lights, leaving out a sigh she closed her eyes to feel the moment.

'She was here, she finally was! How much she waited to be here, how much she struggled but now everything was going to be good, not just good but great. She'll live here rather than just existing she'll live a life here on her own.' her heart rejoiced.

Freedom, independence oh these words would make her cry in an instant if spoken on her face. Because these were not just some mere words for her anymore, at this moment she could feel them, the feeling they give, the happiness they give.

With a slight push from someone behind she made herself to quickly catch the pace of her brother and walk down the stairs into the bus, it took it a few more minutes before moving for other passengers were boarding, then roaming around the runway it made it's way to the main building.
_______

Picking up the last bag from the carousel her brother signalled her to get going, she followed him like an obedient child. Done with their custom duty now they were waiting outside the exit for someone certain to pick them up, Haider, their father's student who was also pursuing his major in the same university as she was to get into.