Chapter 31

Peter woke up cuddling something warm and so snuggled into the warmth. A small laugh could be heard that the small spider recognised as Natasha. He quickly moved away from the spy trying to stutter out an apology which seemed to amuse the adult further. 

Peter quickly noticed that his back seemed heavier than usual and looked behind him seeing his wings making him even more panicked. Seeing this Nat hugged the child and rubbed his back "It's ok little spider I won't tell I promise." Nat spoke in a soft voice that helped Peter to quickly calm down as he continued to hug her. 

Half an hour later Peter had finally fully calmed down. "Would you mind telling me about your wings? If it's too much you don't have to baby spider." Peter seemed a bit embarrassed at the nickname given to him by someone he looks up to so much. 

Taking a breath Peter started to speak. He told Nat of being a fallen angel and how he didn't really understand it too much. He let Nat look a bit closer at his wings but told her to try not to touch them as they are sensitive. 

Nat looked at the silky midnight blue coloured wings. Each feather seemed to hold a galaxy and they seemed to be of a different universe all together. Nat thought the wings were beautiful. They seemed to withhold so many mysteries and so many answers but they also seemed to never be able to be seen. The wings were mostly a dark blue almost black in colour but they also had countless other colours which showed so many stars and galaxies. Everything seemed to be so alive. 

Nat looked away from the wings and looked Peter in the eyes. For a minute she was mesmerised as his eyes seemed to also hold the sun and the moon. The two eyes are different colours, one a beautiful silver showing a few stars. The other seemed to be almost a sunset with a beautiful orange sun. Snapping out of it she asked Peter the question she had been waiting to ask since last night.

"Peter, why were you crying last night?"