Chapter 21

Even though daylight shone into the alley and the snow glowed white, the night sky could still be seen in the shape of wings on the back of a teenager. 

Peter was curled up with his wings shielding him from the harsh weather. Peter awoke feeling better than the night before, he yawned and rubbed his eyes sleepily as he tucked away his wings. He searched through his pockets finding only five dollars but that was enough. Today was Christmas day and so Peter wanted to treat himself. So he walked to a nice little cafe that was nearby.

Heat surrounded him as he opened the door. Quickly he walked to a table near the window and in the corner and sat down. Soon a waiter who looked a little older than Peter came over to take his order. The waiter, he said his name was Wade, had blonde hair and blue eyes - and even though Peter would never admit it was very attractive. Wade was also flirty towards him and made Peter blush as he winked at him.

Peter now sat with his warm hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows on top. A smile graced his lips as he slipped his hot chocolate. He watched as families passed the window smiling and laughing with each other. 

He remembered how he, May and Ben would walk through the snow filled park. They would build a big snowman and sometimes a snow dog or cat too. He loved those days. Even if he may not be able to do those things again he will never forget and those memories will stay with him forever.