Chapter 3: Once Upon A Crime

ENJOY THE MUSIC WITH THE CHAPTER!❤

*

*

*

*

*

Zagreus's P.O.V

I closed my eyes and meditated in silence as the limousine cruised along a dark New York street.

I bent forward and covered my face with my gloved hands, resting my elbows on my knees. Complete darkness made easier to focus on what I wanted to visualize. 

My other senses instantly started to heighten to make up for my loss of sight.

The sound of the rubber wheels rolling over asphalt and the rumbling of the car engine filled my head, but I pushed past that white noise and listened for noises coming from outside of the vehicle.

My ears pricked up as the sounds inverted. It was as if I was hearing the same noises except this time my perspective was outside of the car.

The rumbling of the engine was much louder, and I could hear the crunch of little rocks and pebbles as the vehicle rolled over them.

Because no one was outside, the surrounding area was eerily quiet but as a few seconds passed, a deep, thumping bass emerged from the silence and my eyes flew open.

Three minutes.

As I looked outside of the car, I saw that we were driving around a large lake and smiled wickedly. Perfect.

I adjusted my coat and leaned back in my seat, reaching to pick up my phone just as it started to ring.

I turned it over and smirked when I saw the caller ID.

"Are you coming?" I asked after I answered the call.

"No, we're a little preoccupied tonight," a female voice answered on the other end of the line, " Expect a flock of Harpees in your area around noon tomorrow."

I scoffed, " Your job is to kill them, Melinoë, not send them my way."

High pitched, maniacal laughter echoed through the receiver and my eye twitched in annoyance.

"Don't take that tone with me brother, without my help she'd be dead by now." Melinoë sneered.

"Without your help she wouldn't have one of Zeus's mutts tailing her," I countered.

"That had nothing to do with me, he's been following her long before we came into the picture. Speaking of which, he'll be there tonight. Aren't you worried that he's going to recognize you?"