Chapter 9: Family Reunion

^^^Here after Wooyoung's performance❤

*

*

*

*

* Zachary's P.O.V

        The sky overhead was flooded with cawing birds, and I stared up at it suspiciously. They circled overhead and more and more flooded in from all sides, nestling themselves on the rooftop and joining the growing circle in the sky.

I immediately whipped out my phone and dialed my sister's number.

Melinoe answered the phone after the second ring.

"What?" Her tone was icy and impatient.

"What do you know about Amara's foster family?"

"Christina and Roberto Galanis were both doctors, but the father passed away when Amara and Clara were both in their early teens. Christina remarried a drunkard that drove Clara into alcohol abuse and Amara out of the house."

I cut Melinoe off, "Just talk to me about the sister, Clara. Is she Roberto Galanis' biological daughter?"

"Gee brother, I wouldn't know," my sister replied dryly, "Do you suspect that she isn't?"

"There's something off about her. We've never met before today, but she acts like we are familiar. Can you look into it?"

"I'm busy."

"Who cares?" I asked, squinting at the last visible rays of sunlight overhead, "How quickly can you get to East River?"

"From Detroit? What, is Amara dead already?"

         I stayed silent on my end of the line and cleared my throat, rubbing my ear uncomfortably.

"Zagreus," she sighed, tone full of disappointment.

"Don't 'Zagreus' me," I scoffed, " The flock of Harpees that you warned me about came two hours early today. I had planned to meet her early to give me enough time to explain the situation to her, but to my surprise she was attacked before I even set foot in the park."

"I apologize for miscalculating on the Harpees, that's my fault. It should've taken them a little over 12 hours to get to you but I guess I underestimated their flight time."

I shrugged my shoulders and looked around, " About the tracker that you left behind..."

"Ah, yes. Did you find him?"

"I did."