Chapter 6: Mutation Situation

Hey bae🥰 how you doin bae😊press that play button bae😁

*

*

* Don't forget to vote and comment🥺

*

*

*

           At 7 a.m promptly, my small twin bell alarm clock went off and I groaned shuffling in my bed with my eyes closed and pulling my pillow over my head to stifle the sound.

         After a few moments of muffled ringing, I quickly grew tired of it and smacked the alarm clock off of my nightstand. It clattered onto the floor and the batteries fell out, giving my ears some much needed quiet. 

         It wasn't long after the alarm cut off that I heard muffled barking outside. I sat up in bed, furrowing my brows in confusion at the plush pillows and floral blue sheets around me.

I didn't fall asleep in my bed last night. What happened?

        "Orthus?" I called, swinging my legs over the bed and trudging through the hallway. I passed by the open door of the guest room and peered inside, narrowing my eyes at the freshly made bed inside.

Did Clara wake up and leave without telling me?

          The barking outside continued, and I walked to the door to investivate.  When I looked out of the peephole, Orthus stood outside barking. I quickly threw open the door and ushered him inside. Orty nudged my leg and that was when I saw the note in his collar.

Hey love,

Everything was fine last night. I took the liberty of fixing your window for you, and I left a bottle of vitamins and pain reliever for your sister. They were very costly, might I add. 

Myrtle Avenue, Union Tpke, Park Ln S, 11421. Seuffert Bandshell Memorial.

Meet me at 10 if you're interested in paying me back.🖤

                                                                                                              - Your Favorite

            After reading the note, the events of last night came flooding back to me. The two bottles that he had left were sitting on the kitchen island, so I rushed back to my room. Sure enough, the hole in the window was gone.

           A slow smile crept onto my face and I pulled the note close to my chest, sighing in relief. How did Leo manage to fix the window without waking me up? The smile on my face quickly faded as I looked at Orthus.

            If he had come back, why did he leave Orty outside? Maybe he didn't see Orthus following him.

         Behind me I heard a door open, and a soft voice called out to me as I turned around.