Prologue

Two double doors slowly swung open, as a sudden breeze blew out from the doors. Both doors have carvings on them. One has a carving of a tree with leaves and the other dead. Death had finally made it to the tree of life, with two keys in his possession. One being the Angel key, and the other being the Demon key. Knowing that the well of souls was just past these doors in the tree of life. The two doors were as tall as a small skyscraper. The final moment was soon to come, as he was about to face someone unexpected.

Death strides forward with long and slow steps, dragging both scythes. No one could stand in the way of the reaper of what he wanted. Not even the gods themselves. Clearing his brother's name is all he wanted, besides restoring humanity. The more he grew closer to his opponent the more ember-coloured hue grew in his eyes. Slowly going up three sets of stairs. Death passed through an arched doorway before coming forth to a round, stone platform. Blue hues glowed around the attached platform, knowing the well was right in front of him and below. Then hearing a voice, Death looks up to see the Nephilim he once called brother. He was corrupted, corruption was taking a toll on Absalom. Having the tree of life attached to him and raised above the ground.

"Have you ever wondered, Death, why you were untouched while the ones around you wither and rot in the grip of Corruption?" Absalom questioned.

"Could it be that you are blackened by the sin of betrayal?" Death puts his hand over the right side of his chest, hearing the souls of his brothers cry for return.

"How can you defeat that which seethes in your own heart? You cannot stop me, without forever damning your soul!" Absalom then breaks free from the twelve vines that were corrupted and attached to him. Launching him high inside the tree. When he lands, the corruption suddenly made him a new huge sword. Absalom was three times bigger than Death. Death being only 6 ft 2, and Absalom being eight feet tall. After a long journey that nearly killed him two times, he was not going to give up. Death then gets into his fighting stance with both dual scythes out.

"Then, so be it."