41. The truth about the past

In the previous chapter of The Red Bow

When opening the door of the house, Chaeyoung found a black BMW parked right in front of her house, and on her porch was Logan with his hands in his pants pockets and his eyes closed. The blonde frowned at the man’s presence in her house and looked around for Lisa and Ethan, but found he was alone.

"Logan?" Chaeyoung called a little confused by the situation. “Why are you here?"

"I came to ask you to leave Lisa alone." He said at once, the words hitting Chaeyoung full on. The two now faced each other on an equal footing for the same heart. “I discovered everything and I want you to stay away from her."

The staggering weight of tension between the lawyer and the musician stretched out for a long time in exchange for intense, challenging looks. On the one hand a betrayed man whose ego and heart were bruised, on the other a young mistress fighting for the love once built. That was, literally, reality knocking on her door. The awakening of the little illusion that Chaeyoung and Lisa had become involved in within a few days. Logan knew everything and was claiming what was rightfully his. Chaeyoung was the dirty one in the story. The lover. Relationship destroyer. Everything she ever despised in her life was being used against herself.

Chaeyoung always imagined that the lack of love in the world would destroy relationship. Today the excess of love was the reason for this fact.

"I can not do it.“ she finally said when she found strength in her heart.

Logan shifted his body weight to his left leg as he clenched his jaw in indignation at the answer.

"Lisa is my fiance, Chaeyoung. I want you to stay away from her and Ethan, it’s a warning."

"Sorry, I don’t think you heard right." Chaeyoung said firmly and took a step forward. “I won’t walk away."

Some say that a look can pierce someone’s soul. If that’s true, Logan was definitely doing it shamelessly. His hands were balled into fists and his face was red with the cynicism of the woman in front of him.

"I let you into my apartment, I was good with you. I let you spend time with Lisa and what do I get in return? Betrayal!“ He growled and in a few seconds was no longer the same passive Logan as always. “I’m serious, Chaeyoung, stay away from my fiance."

The musician never thought she would be in a situation like this one day. She never thought that she would be the pivot of a betrayal, much less that she would have her fiance at her doorstep with eyes blazing.

"Lisa was never your fiance, Logan. At least not completely and it’s up to you to accept that.“ She lowered her voice, containing her anger. On the one hand it was totally understandable that Logan was playing his role of betrayed fiancé, she couldn't imagine the pain of being betrayed by the one she loved. “If I could have avoided all this I would gladly, but it happened and now I will not give up on the only person who has ever been able to make me happy. We are two people in love with the same woman and the affection I feel for you won’t stop me from getting her back."

"So where have you all these 6 years?" He yelled and Chaeyoung took a startled step back. “I saw her cry every day for almost 1 year without knowing why! I fixed her heart while you were here all this time hiding from the world.“ He pointed his finger frantically at the blonde. “Do not take what I built, do not even think about destroying my marriage, Park. With me, Lisa and Ethan are safe, and with you? Are you bringing them to live on a ranch? Will you support them with the salary you earn as a music teacher?"

"Lisa doesn’t need to be supported, you asshole!“ She pushed him feeling the anger rise inside her when she heard the man’s absurd words. “She decided to leave me for reasons that are not for me to tell you. I didn’t go after her because I’ve been busy believing a lie she made up for my good and now I know it."