One Year Ago (OP)(Bayverse) (NSFW)

Optimus x Human!Reader
⚠️MATURE CONTENT⚠️

This oneshot is in celebration of my first anniversary of posting this book, with none other than my boo —Optimus. There will be a smut scene but it isn't the focus, I'll put asterisks (*) before it if you'd like to skip it.

Current A/N: My finger slipped...
-oops? Welp! Here it is guys!!!! The long awaited special. Just another warning, this thing is a little over 16,000 words including the non story bits and I hope y'all enjoy it!!!

There are more notes at the end that you don't have to read but I'd appreciate it if you guys did : ). Also, this is honestly super self-indulgent. Heh- I'm not sorry-

——————
"And as far as moments go, this is one we'll never forget"
——————

I hummed as I grabbed my phone from its charger on the nightstand, yawning softly. My eyes scanned over the notifications that popped up on the lock screen, seeing a couple of email notifications, a missed call from my mom, a reminder from my calendar, and finally, a couple of texts from my one and only —Optimus. A smile crept onto my face at the reminder of being lucky enough to have the spark of the Autobot leader, especially considering how long we had been together so far.

I clicked his messages, my phone opening the messaging app to his contact so I could read what he sent.

'I apologize for not being there when you wake, I was needed at the base. I love you sweetspark and I will be home later.' -8:25 am
'I have prepared you breakfast in the freezer, you simply need to microwave it. I also set out something for dinner tonight, do not wait for me to eat as I do not know when I will be home.'
-8:30 am

I sighed dreamily at the texts, shaking my head. I had no clue how I was so lucky to have this mech, especially considering how well he treated me. A glance backward confirmed he wasn't here —not that I needed it— with the sheets on his side slightly rumpled and his spot was cold when I placed my hand on it. My phone clock said it was ten in the morning, so he'd been gone for a little while.

My attention went to my reminder, giddiness sparking in me when I saw that in three days was mine and Optimus' first anniversary. Just three, short months ago he was moving in with me —having previously been simply living at the base. I already knew what I wanted to do with him so that we could have some treats on that day, bake and decorate some cupcakes. We can bake them the day before and decorate them the day of as something to do to spend time together. I had a feeling he was gonna spend some overtime at the base to earn our anniversary day off, something I both loved and hated.

I hoped we could do the whole process together, bake them the day before and let them cool overnight and such to ensure the frosting would set. Yeah, that sounded good. And then I could also treat my parents to some cupcakes as well.

I didn't know what Optimus had planned, if anything, but as long as I got to spend the day with him it was enough.

I quickly called my mom while I woke up, getting up from the bed to open the curtains and such while I headed downstairs.

———

I hummed as I looked through my cookbook, waiting for my water to boil so that I could start on salmon. I already had a salad made up —we always made way extra so that it was one less thing to do— and salmon didn't take long to cook. So, I decided to try and see if I could gather what cupcake flavors I wanted, the icing, and then also dinner because I didn't really want to go out for dinner on our anniversary. Most would say otherwise, but I preferred just staying in and enjoying the little things with Optimus. He didn't care much, whatever made me happy made him happy.