whores .

"Raquel!" A voice yelled from outside.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back, struggling to put my shoes on and run out the door at the same time. I walked up to the car and hopped inside. I glanced at Afi and smirked at her attire.

"All dressed up for Riel I see," I said cheekily while snapping my seat belt in. She had on a green jumpsuit that hugged her full figure cutely and complimented her dark skin, making her dark brown eyes glow. Her hair was pulled into a puff and edges were laid to perfection. My best friend was truly a goddess. She blushed, but then quickly covered it up with an eye roll.

"You acting as if you don't look as good as me." She replied, checking me out. I had on a pink body con dress with pink and gold heels. My hair was in a short butterfly locs hairstyle and I had bedazzled my retainer.

"I do look good, huh," I said, looking in the mirror.

"Girl, hush before I make both of us late for beating yo ass." She scoffed.

I laughed and put on my seatbelt.

"LET'SA GO!" I yelled as she pressed the gas.

"What did I say about that shit bro."

We arrived late as per usual and we walked into the party without a care in the world..that is until Afi saw Riel.

"Hey, baby." He grinned, walking towards her and embracing her. Her face lit up and she practically melted in his arms. I couldn't even lie and say they weren't a cute couple. Riel's family were immigrants from Bangladesh and he grew up in America since he was 16. He had toffee-colored skin and curly dark brown hair that slightly went over his brown eyes. He had an amazing smile that I wish my account could afford, but alas. With Afi's round and plump figure in her jumpsuit and Riel's tall and built figure in a dark brown suit, they truly complimented each other. I somewhat envied the look in my best friend's eyes when she looked at him, but as much as I loved watching their lovey-dovey eyes, I had my own business to get to.

"Hey Afi," I said, grabbing her arm. "I'll see you later, yeah?" I said winking. She had a slightly confused face, but then realization crossed her face and she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." She said, smirking. I hit her arm and quickly made my way through the crowd.

I was searching when I bumped into a sturdy chest. I chuckled and looked up, expecting my handsome piece of chocol-

"Hey, babygirl." The ogre said. My face gaped open and I quickly backed up.

"Aha, sorry, I meant to go the other way," I said sheepishly, backing up. He then grasped my wrist and pulled me towards him.

"You don't wanna stay and party with me, ma?" He breathed into my face. I make a face at his missing teeth and clearly intoxicated breath.

"She good." A deep voice said behind me. I looked back and sighed in relief. I quickly snatched my hand away and ran behind the man behind me. The ogre looked up at the tall man and instantly his confidence shrunk. I don't blame the guy, my baby was fucking intimidating. He was 6'4, dark skin with thick furrowed brows. He looked especially good in his dark grey slacks, white dress shirt, and gold chain. His voice was deep, but my favorite feature was his light brown eyes that glowed whenever he smiled.

"My fault G, I ain't mean no harm." He said backing up awkwardly.

"Yeah back up." He chuckled deeply. Ogre nodded and walked away from us, leaving us alone.

"About time negro." I muttered.

"Just be glad I found you before Shrek tried to eat you," Rashawn chuckled. I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arms around him.