EMPRESS HUA

Yong wiped her eyes and sat in front of the mirror and stared at her reflection, a small smirk made a curve on her royal red painted lips as she thought about her mother.

In a dark yet a royal room a man of 18 was sitting with his head hung and the beads of his dragon crown shadowing his face as train of thoughts were running in his mind

It's been 8 years since our father passed away and the country came on my mothers hand. I and my sister were in the depths of wood training under my grand father. My mother ruled as Empress Dowager the Country broke down. External, internal wars and war within the harem started to surround Western Qi. My mother fought wars both mentally and physically and finally after 5 years she managed to suppress all rebellion and killed numerous enemy. Maybe that was my mothers destiny as a hero she died on the battlefield. I can still remember that day.

Flashback

At the border a women in her mid thirty's sitting on her knees with the support of a sword, the sun had slept on his bed in western horizon and the moon was playing hide and seek with the dark clouds. That night the moon was red as if bathed in virgin blood the whole surrounding was thus bathed in red the wolfs were howling, a group of vulture was staring at the forlorn warrior with its red naked eye. The field had many dead soldiers some lay rotting, some freshly died. The war of five years came to an end today's bride became tomorrow's widow, the womb of many mothers became empty, children became fatherless above all the humanity was affected. The horrified ground heard two teenagers voice one shrill and other hoarse as they ran towards the only living warrior who was on her last breath. The children shouted from a distance "mother" and behind them was a man in his late fifty's was walking in a steady way.

Yong: mother you can't leave us

Jong: yes mother return with us in the palace we will call the best physician

Hua Rong the descendent of Hua the brave warrior, mother of the two kids said in a broken voice collecting all her strength "silly kids who told I am leaving I will always be with you, whenever you want to talk to me just look at the sky and call me I will be there and don't cry"

She gave a pouch in Jong's hand and smiled said "from now you are the King of Qi and king's never cry you have to take care of your sister, your citizen and subjects how can you be weak."

Jong: I promise I will protect everyone and never let you down

Rong: I know and yong you are the the heir oh Hua and heirs of Hua are strong not weak

Yong: I will always be strong

Rong: father I am tired can I take a nap on your lap for the last time

she laid her head on her father's lap as he caressed her head and her eyes slowly started to close and eventually she went in deep sleep forever. The children shouted on the top of their lungs "MOTHER" and her father kissed her forehead and said "now no one will bully my daughter. Oh my dear wife take care of our daughter I send her to you."

Flashback end

Tears paved its way through the masculine face of Jong as he remembers the incident and said in a shaking voice " mother today sister will leave me I will be all alone in this palace please come back ,please come back and comfort this son of yours "

"did you forget the promise you made to your mother"

a strong mature voice filled the room.