𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖

Dear Harry,

I'm so sorry. I didn't want to do it. But I had to. I had to become one of them. My nightmares came true.

I remember a muggle book. The child dreamt a nightmare, and the mother said they'll never be true. But how wrong it is for me. I got branded as a death eater  yesterday. I was at Malfoy manor. All dressed up in a black gown and robes. Then he entered; the Dark Lord. 

Draco already got the mark at Borgin and Burkes. He knew it would hurt; physically and emotionally. As we waited for the clock to hit 8, we both sat in my room in the manor. Since I visit often, I was like family and had my own room. I sniffled and tears streamed down my face. At that time, my only support was Draco; a shoulder to cry on. He tried to comfort me, but he knew the truth too; this was not okay. None of us wanted this. 

We went to the main hall in Malfoy Manor. Then he entered; the dark lord. He touched the tip of his wand to my hand. It felt like someone was burning the mark into my skin. I screamed. The ink like black substance seeping into my skin. I screamed and cried. My throat dry and raspy; but I could not stop. The last thing I heard was Voldemort calling me weak, before I blacked out.

I woke up later in my room in the Malfoy Manor. Draco and Narcissa came in later. Both had a look of pity in their eyes. I did not want pity; I wanted to fight. I just did not have the courage. You're the gryffindor; not me. 

I thought of how my life is ruined now. Who would hire a Death Eater? Who would want to be friends with a Death Eater? Who'd love a Death Eater? 

I'm just a rotten, evil person. A person who can't love.  A person with no humanity. A person on the wrong side. 

There were reasons for which you hated me. My house, family, friends. But now you'll have a burning hatred to me. I'll be an exclusion from society. I'll have to kill; the blood of many on my hands. I'll have to destroy.

I just became a monster. A dark evil monster.

And no one loves monsters. 

Truly,

Cordelia D