Chapter One

Hi! This is my fanfiction for Stuart Gibbs Spy School Series, and it's a crazy idea I had for how COVID-19 could have started. I plan to post the chapters as I finish them, so right now I'm going to be posting 16 - I think - chapters, and the rest will be random. Also, I have my story posted on Fanfiction.net, so you can check it out there too. Okay, please enjoy, please comment, and I hope you have a good week :)  

Shout-out to @MrSplats for introducing me to these series and helping me a bit with this story; he has a great Spy School book so check it out! 

Chapter One - Phone Calls

Cottage Number 8

Cape San Blas Florida

April 19th

0730 hours

This year, I had finally been able to stay home with my parents for spring break. And then beyond spring break as well. That was mostly because I had never seen our house before. My parents had moved down to Florida when they found out that they were targets for the enemy. Dad hadn't been okay with this, but he had gone either way. Mom had been thrilled, and wanted to go the second they heard they were targets.

They had moved into a nice cottage near a beach, with walls painted baby blue, and a large porch on the front. It was surrounded by palm trees, and had water washing up onto the sand only a few feet away at all times. It was rather picturesque. On my drive there, the town hadn't all been pretty and beachy. In fact, it looked like every other town. People crowding the sidewalks, buildings lining the streets, and trash and litter everywhere. I always thought Florida was nice and beachy, so I was disappointed upon my arrival. I had been there 3 weeks already. The air was chilly, especially near the water. I spent most of my time inside, but occasionally going outside, only to find it was too cold, and returning inside. I still had lots of fun though. After two years of not seeing my family, we had a lot of catching up to do. I found out that my aunt had a baby, who was named Ashley, and I had to hide my annoyance at this.

Ashley Sparks was one of my enemies. She had worked for the bad guys, and had once convinced me to have a crush on her. That is, until she found out I was a double agent, infiltrating their headquarters. She had been an exceptionally good gymnast, and she had tried out for the Olympic team, and hadn't made it by a hundredth of a point. A judge had taken away points on her dismount from the beam, which she had supposedly stuck, and the judge was just being biased, although nobody had ever agreed on whether she had stuck it or not. Whatever the case, she hadn't made it to the Olympic team, and had taken her anger out on them by going to the dark side.

The fact that I was related to someone with the same name as my enemy aggravated me, even though I knew it was perfectly normal.

And to be completely honest, the baby was really cute, with big bright blue eyes and rosy cheeks. She looked a lot like her mother, who is my aunt Sadie.

I told my parents all about my missions, and accomplishments. We had family movie nights, where I insisted we watch James Bond movies, which are my favorite movies of all times. We also played board games, where my dad insisted we play Pandemic. My mother didn't approve of the game, but we all had something we wanted to do, and we all did the other wish without complaining. Mom really wanted us to explore the woods around us, so that she could find new animals, and observe them. Dad and I had some worries about this. For one, I was sure I was going to get frostbite. For two, anyone could be hiding in the bushes. Anyone ready to attack at any point. Mom didn't seem too worried about this. In fact, she didn't even listen to me when I tried to explain my reasoning.