Do I Get Paid To Carry You

Mike rose a brow, opening his mouth to say something, but none of his words made their way into my ears

Mike rose a brow, opening his mouth to say something, but none of his words made their way into my ears. I was already three corridors away from Mike and his beautiful 'door'. Multiple possibilities danced in the back of my mind. One of which is more possible than the others.

Then it hit me. I recognized the voice, it belonged to Petra and that meant that there are other people there. Unfortunately, Levi's pride can't be saved anymore. I shook my head. I should've made him stay in his bed all day or lock him inside of his office, at the very least.

Mainly, my mind was stuck on what expressions people would have as they watch 'Humanities Strongest' faint from a common cold. I pushed that thought to the back of my mind. Knowing that there's a much bigger problem ahead of me.

I slid across the ground. Digging the heels of my feet into the ground. Applying friction to slow me down due all the momentum I was using. I snapped my head towards the voices. Immediately noticing the crowd Levi had drawn in. I shook my head, walking to them. One of them noticed me from afar, moving out of the way for me. Thus, catching many other's attention and they followed, moving away too.

"What are you guys doing? Scram."

They nodded. Scrambling away after hearing the authority in my voice. I waited for the crowd to disperse, leaving only the Special Operations Squad behind. Gunther looks unsure of what to do. Two options weighted in his head. To either stay and help out or to go with his other comrades.

"You guys are fine. But you can leave if you want to. I'm sure Levi wants to at least save some of his pride." I reassured them.

They gulp as they also walked to the door. Glancing back at his corporal one more time. Gunther and Eld decided that it was a good idea to leave too. Leaving Levi into my hands. The two males left without saying a word. Closing the door behind them to give Levi some privacy.

"What are we going to do?"

Jumping back at the voice. I have almost forgotten that Petra was still in the room with me. She was scared and uncomfortable. I thought my mind was playing tricks with me, at the sight of the tears that kept dripping down her face. Maybe it was from the stress? She did see her own captain drop dead in front of her eyes. I sighed, rubbing my temples.

"Petra, not to be rude or anything. But if you can't handle this. Then I think you should step out." I glanced down at her, "Crying isn't going to help Levi regain his consciousness. So go to the bathroom and clean yourself up."

She hesitantly nodded. Gently pulling out her hands from beneath Levi's neck. Standing up, she slowly exited the room, less unsure than before. Now, leaving me and Levi alone. I glanced down at the black-haired male and found something abnormal. Levi had already opened his eyes, now glancing around the room.

"Is she gone yet?"

"Did you just fake your consciousness? So you didn't have to deal with a crying girl?" I chuckled, "You are getting soft, Captain."