9 - Ashton

"Driving is your job? But it's a motorbike. How do you drive people around on that" Ainsley's eyes sparkled a bit as she giggled.

"Nah," Elvira spoke before I could, "he probably just delivers pizza or something."

Well sounds like that's what I'm going to have to say. I can't think of any other driving jobs that work with my bike.

"Well? What is it?" she was pushing.

"Fine. I deliver pizza. I sit, I wait for them to call, then I drive." Yup. That'll work.

"Are they having a quiet night?" Ainsley asked.

"Yep," I sighed.

Her laugh was so contagious. She breathed in quite hard trying to stop laughing and managed to slow down to more of just a giggle with a wide smile. "The dog just yeeted away and it was so hard not to laugh because the poor woman is so nice but it's face as it flew away was priceless! Poor Miss Fayette" 

Elvira didn't look as amused but still had a small smile on her face, "I'm going to get some water. You shut up." She pointed at Ainsley with a glare. She picked up the five glassed and walked over to the bar.

"Oops. Can I just get out for a second?" Ainsley asked still laughing a bit. I nodded as she put her hand on my shoulder to help herself get up before stepping round my legs without giving me a chance to move. My hand flew to her arm to try and help her balance and quite soon my other hand went to he side. After stepping over me she stepped back and fixed her dress a bit.

"Can you pass me my jacket?" She asked. I looked to my side and didn't see one. 

"Oh wait, I love this song. Dance with me." It surprised she even knew this song. Tom Petty's Runnin' Down A Dream. "Come on. Please. It'll make me happy." 

"You already seem happy enough." Her smile was still there.

"Well imagine how happy I am now but qua- quadr- quadrupled!" She laughed again struggling to say the last word. Reluctantly I decided to get up. No knowledge of dance even comes near me, but right now it didn't look like she cared.

The pub was now almost empty so we had more room. After hours of hearing her laugh and talk it felt perfect to just be swinging each other round the room to the song. Towards the ned of the song, I twirled her round a few times before pulling her and dipping her towards keeping her there until the end. Slowly, I pulled her back up as A Horse With No Name started playing quietly. The cutest biggest smile was plastered across her face. Almost quadrupled in size you could say.

"Oh my gosh I love you that was so fun!" She was laughing again now tightly holding onto my  shoulders. Then she started swaying slightly and singing along with the new song under hr breathe. "La la la la la la la la la la." As we swayed together her head went to my shoulder after moving her arms around my neck. "I'm so tired now," a giggle escaped again. 

"This is disgusting." Elvira exclaimed from back at the table. 

"You know, this is nice. But I really need to pee now." I laughed and twirled her away from me. It took a minute before we let go our hands go.

"I'm gonna go as well and then I think it's time we leave." her friend followed her to the back just past the bar. 

"You're disgusting." A voice came from behind me. There she was sat only one or two tables away from mine. Her minty green hair was pulled back from her face with multiple clips, each one with a seashell stuck to it.

"Hey." 

"Maren?" I could feel her eyes stay on me as I turned around to see her companion coming from the bar. How long had they been here for? The whole time?

"Oh hi there Ashton! I didn't think I'd see you here!" 

"Visha, don't lie to me. Did Seth send you to keep an eye on me?"

"And if he did?"

"Why bring Maren into this?"

"The bitch pointed out to Seth that you might not come back so we thought, hey! Why not give you a reason to have to cone back?" For fucks sake. Maren is really good at getting involved in things that she shouldn't be.

"Well if you were keeping an eye on me you would know I'm nearly ready. So I don't think you're doing your job properly."

Visha's eyes started to glow neon pink as her mouth curled up into an evil smile, "I don't think you are either. Seth said to take it, so please explain what the hell you are doing with it and why it's taking so long to get it back?"

"Because I want to make sure it's the right one."

"You're taking too much time. Do you really think he doesn't know you agreed on a week now. you're only about two or three hours away from Aerilon and four hours away from Veritos."

"Yeah. So?"

"Seth is in Aerilon at the moment near Penrith and tomorrow he sets off back to Veritos near Newton Aycliffe. Which I'm guessing by your face means I need to explain. He wanted the cargo before he left Aerilon next week, but due to some unknown happenings from last night all the Premiers decided to leave. Something about some really old spell. Sounds like stalkers." Visha said stalkers with amusement. Most people know what general area the Premiers are in. They're the leaders of all creatures in England. So why would someone need to stalk them? 

"Multiple times to. There was a hint of the same spell nearly everyday over a year and a bit, but after a few weeks it didn't seem to be working so they felt it was no threat and started working again. But in Penrith the full end side of the spell appeared meaning the spell had actually worked for once." she snickered. "Whoever did the spell can't be very good at being a witch."

"Well thank you for the update, but for your information I was meant to drop it off at Veritos whether he was there or not." I turned to leave and nearly walked into Ainsley who looked a bit confused. 

"We're going now," I said getting to the point. Two people who I do not want to meet is Visha and anyone I want to see more than once in my life. Visha is a bitch. There is no better or simpler way of putting it. 

"Oh! Well I thought I could maybe meet your friends here?" Attempting to peak around my shoulders, but I quickly stepped to the side stopping her view.

"No. Nope. No need. You ready to go?" Reaching over back to where we had been sat, I picked up her jacket and shoved it into her before also pushing her along with myself towards the door.