Chapter Thirty

Chapter 30

That night when we reached the Airbnb what I thought would happen, happened. The boys all went straight to bed leaving me all alone in the main room of the house. 

Shannon had to help Lou gather new supplies and was sleeping in the other house since there wasn't enough room in this one. 

This house was smaller than the last, there being only three rooms instead of four. It was a two-story house with a nice balcony overlooking the beach outback. Harry and Louis shared a room as Liam and Zayn took the other on the second floor, leaving Niall and me to have the third and biggest room on the first floor because apparently no one is allowed to come near me anymore according to Niall. 

After the interview, Niall made it very clear I was not to be touched or looked at. I get what he is trying to do, he doesn't want to see me get hurt anymore, but wouldn't that make it easier if I was to date his best mate? 

Oh well, he just made it ten times more entertaining for Louis and me. What? We still like to mess with him, even if we have to fake it for the world.

Louis and I decided it was time to up our game, literally, level two is a go. This means holding hands in public, spending every second with each other that we can, and finding ways to sneak off to "do something crazy" if you know what I mean. 

Louis also hopes that it will stop Simon from constantly calling Harry and him to make sure they are holding their end of the deal. Stupid homophobe! Just today he called because he saw the whole Harry putting a hand on Louis' back thing. What are they not allowed to even touch each other in a friendly way? Why can't he just let them be?

Looking at the clock it was almost 1:00 am. I got up off the couch heading for the kitchen looking for a snack humming Fool's Gold as I went. I opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. "But I'm not done yet, falling for ya" I used the water bottle as a mic. Taking a sip, I turned around and froze finding a sleepy Liam standing there in his boxers. 

"Uh, hey Li," I spoke trying to look anywhere but his exposed body. He looked so good I just wanted to jump on him and kiss him, pull him onto the couch or something. My breath started to quicken as I let my mind wander. 

I looked at Liam's lips noticing they were moving and panicked realizing he was speaking. I blinked a few times, "Sorry did you say something?" I mentally facepalmed as I spoke, smooth Ri, real smooth

"I said, can I have some?" Liam looked at the water in my hands. 

"Oh, um yeah, here." was all I could say. I couldn't think, not when he looked like that.

It was silent for a while as we both just stood there. I rocked back and forth on my feet not knowing what to say as the silence started to get awkward. "Well, goodnight." I finally said, wanting to get out of the situation. 

"Riley, wait!" Liam shifted his weight in front of me so I couldn't leave. 

I took a step back not trusting myself being that close to him and looked at Liam waiting for him to continue. 

"D-do...do you li..." Liam ran his fingers through his hair. He's nervous or frustrated. What's wrong, babe? Wow Riley, don't say babe. Mistake, remember? 

I looked at Liam a little concerned as he shifted his weight from one leg to the other gripping the water bottle.

 "Do I what Li?" I encouraged him to go on. 

Taking a deep breath he spoke again, "Do you mind if I keep this?" he asked, gesturing to the water bottle.

A little disappointed knowing that was a copout question I smiled and shook my head. "Yeah, you can have it. A-anything else?" I looked at him, hopeful but he looked down and shook his head no. Fine, be that way.