Chapter Thirty-Three

Chapter 33

Liam's POV

That settles it. Riley wants Louis. It all makes sense now, the games they played being all touchy. I wanted to cry. It hurt seeing them together like that. I'm surprised I haven't blown up at Louis yet. I mean it's not my place though, she's not mine. She can do what she wants. 

"Here we go, lads! Here's to a great show!" Louis said as we got handed out mics. 

I took a deep breath, leave it down here Payno. Don't let the crowd know.

We walked out onto the stage and the crowd erupted into screams, with girls sobbing, holding onto each other, and others waving. I put a smile on my face and waved, putting my mic to my mouth to sing.

I walked around, interacted with the fans and boys singing each song. Everything was going well, I was fooling everyone, that is until we sang 18. 

The boys and I stood on the stage in a line and everything hit me at once. Harry started to sing as my eyes blurred building up with tears trying to hold them in, not wanting anyone to know. The chorus hit and I opened my mouth to sing as the tears ran from my eyes. 

It hurt to sing a song so relevant to me at that moment in time. The truth was I had loved Riley since we were eighteen, every word from the song was about her for me. It was as if I was speaking to her, but she had no idea. 

It was Louis, she was with right before the show, not me. Louis, she spent all her time with, not me. Louis, she runs off with who knows where, to do who knows what only to come back and have their hair all messed up, clothes all wrinkled, no lipstick on her lips, and lovebites on her and his neck, not me. Louis, she has inside jokes with and sits next to cuddling, not me. Why did I have to say it was a mistake? The words just slipped out that morning when she said it was a one-time thing. I was just so shaking and upset. Now I have lost her.

I was trying so hard to hide, I wanted to run. Nothing was working and I could tell some of the fans were noticing. I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders. Looking over I saw Niall looking back at me concerned. "You alright Payno?" he whispered in my ear.

"I have loved her since we were eighteen...Long before we both thought the same thing..." Louis sang into the mic making me lose it. 

All the boys looked at him as the fans screamed, some holding up Liley posters and pictures. Her...he changed the lyrics to her. 

I couldn't sing anymore. The song hurt so bad. 

"Liam, what's wrong lad?" Niall spoke in my ear again. I shook my head. I needed to get out, to breathe.

"When we were eighteen," Harry sang the last line of the song as the crowd screamed. 

Knowing Zayn was about to talk to the crowd I ran off stage, trying to calm down before I walked back on. When I was out of sight I broke down into my hands sinking to the floor. Flashes of Louis and Riley in the dressing room played in my head. 

I felt arms wrap around me tightly, pulling me up to my feet. "Shhh, Liam it will be alright. What happened mate?" Niall whispered in my ear. 

I shook my head again. I can't tell him. How was I supposed to tell him? "Liam, talk to me." He pulled me out of the hug and looked at me. 

I sniffed, calming myself down, and wiped my face, "It's nothing mate, just got a little too into my head on that one is all." I gave him a weak smile. 

"Liam I-"

"I'm fine Ni, really. Come on, the lads are waiting." I cut him off. 

I patted his back to say thanks and walked back toward the stage. Taking a deep breath I ran my fingers through my hair and whipped my face again before stepping back out.