Epilouge

I throw my cap in the air and watch as it mingles with all of the other black caps flying above us.

We made it, Hunter and I are finally graduating. We decided to both attend college locally, Hunter is training in mechanics and Cole has already said he would give him a job at his garage and I have decided to go into nursing.

These last few months with Hunter have been amazing, he's the most kind and patient boyfriend which considering his impatience and temper is an amazing thing.

As mad as I was at him when he first came home it was the best thing that ever happened to me, he didn't try to fix me, he just showed me I could begin my journey on healing myself.

I feel stronger now. The memory of that rotten night no longer plagues me like a cancer surrounding my life but instead reminds me what I've overcome to be where I am today.

I'm looking around at my classmates with a smile on my face. School might not have been the high point of my life but I survived it and I'm ready to progress to the next chapter in my life with Hunter by my side.

These people may not like me or understand me, some might not even know my name. But I'm never going to see some of them again and there's something saddening and surreal about that. That knowing people who you've seen grow, people who you've watched have highs and lows and people who you hardly even know anything about, will all now go on their own journeys. Some will rise and some will fall but we will no longer be around to see each other do just that.

My smile grows when I feel a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist and soft lips press a kiss at my temple, "Well Hello beautiful." That intoxicating deep voice rumbles.

Hunter moves from behind me to stand in front of me and places a gentle kiss on my lips.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, just taking it all in I guess." I begin. "It's just crazy, yano? this is the last time we'll see this place."

"Good fucking riddance to the shit hole if you ask me." He mumbles under his breath before turning to me with a heartbreaking smile, "If it makes you feel any better, if we decide to stay in this town then I guarantee you'll be at this school more than you'd care for."

I furrow my brows in confusion, "How come?"

I can tell I've walked straight into that one when his smile drops into a smirk, "If our kids are anything like me then we're gonna be here every other week because of something the little shits have done."

I know Hunter says things like this all the time but it doesn't stop my heart from racing each time.

I'm saved from having to respond when Hunter spots our families and grabs my hand to guide me in the direction of them. Everyone is here, partners included. Cole is the only person missing from the clan.

My Mom wraps her arms around me and then Hunter, "I am so proud of you two." She beams with tears gathering in her eyes. Eva follows my Mom's lead and congratulates us both followed by my Dad.

"It's just a high school graduation, it's not that big of a deal, even Joey got his diploma." Parker jokes at all the fuss.

"It's a miracle he passed Kindergarten." Mia chimes in.

Joey turns to her, "Don't be such a bitch Mia, the only tests you haven't flunked is the ones the nurse does for you at the STI clinic."

Her own smirk only widens, here we go, "Nah, I'm all clean. I know what a condom is. You know what they are right? oh by the way, how is my nephew?"

Parker lets out a "Burn." before Chloe lightly smacks him on the arm.

"All the better for not seeing your ugly face." Joey crosses his arms over his chest with a smug look on his face.

"Really Joe? how old are you?"

"Okay children that's enough." My Dad tells them in a bored tone and turns to Nate, "He's your best friend and she's your girlfriend. You can deal with them." He pats Nate, who is looking on at Mia and Joey still bickering and shaking his head, on the shoulder as he walks past him and leaves him too it.

"Where's Cole?" I ask my Mom as we're about to leave the school field.

"Right here." I turn around and face my oldest brother. My usually covered in grease, lone wolf brother, dressed in a suit, with a woman's arm linked in his elbow crease, obviously said arm is attached to a stunning woman, and a small boy that looks vaguely familiar, standing in front of him. What the fuck have I missed?