Chapter 18

We step into my apartment, Ahri steps in before me resting against one of the counters, "Got some pleasant memories in this place."

"They are barely memories," I laugh, "Sorry for ending up dragging you with me all the way here. Trace is going to be home soon so I just wanna make sure she is fine."

She then heads straight to the kettle, "I understand," she turns around smiling at me over her shoulder, "Want some coffee?"

I nod, "Please," as she spins around, watching her reach for the cups my eyes instinctively travel to her lower body. I was fighting off the urge to hug her behind but another part of me feels like I would just be pushing something that hasn't even gotten time to heal.

She then asks, "Have you told her?"

"No, I don't plan to either. I know the moment Tracey figures out about that part she will find a way to force me to go with you."

"Is it bad that I almost feel like you should tell her?"

"Ahri..." I side next to her as she lowers her gaze to the cups.

"I know - I know. I just don't like pretending that I am not going anywhere," she sighs as she drops a few teaspoons of sugar in my cup, not asking me at all but still putting in the perfect amount, "I don't want to keep reminding myself that it will be okay and that one year apart will not do anything."

I furrow my brow, "We have been out of each other's reach for ten years-"

She shakes her head, "Stop. We both know that was different... we thought we lost each other ten years ago and now that..." she freezes.

"You don't want to let go," she nods, I then rest my hand on her shoulder turning her towards me. 

She steps closer tucking her arms under mine and around my back. Pulling me into her tight and warm embrace. The hug lasts for a few seconds, long enough for the kettle to boil.

As soon as the button clicks I reluctantly let go and then lift her face to meet mine, "You remembered my exact amount of sugar and coffee I take."

Her eyes lock onto mine, she then slowly shuts her eyes lifting her face to meet mine. I run my hands through her hair as I rest it at the back of her neck, pulling her towards me into a soft kiss. SLowly growing hungrier as I try to push it a little bit further by parting my lips to make way for my tongue she breaks away, resting her forehead against my chest.

"Would you laugh if I told you that I clung to that as my life depended on it? That if I remembered all these small details that you would never die in my heart."

"I wouldn't."

"Sorry... I am just being silly," she giggles, wiping a tear from her eye, "But I like knowing that," she says again with a laugh despite her voice sounding like she was ready to burst into tears.

"We can all be a little silly sometimes... I still remember everything like it was-"

I was then interrupted by Tracey who bursts through the door with a loud groan, "I feel like I am going to die," she then turns her face to meet the two of us still staring arm in arm, "Did I interrupt something?"

We awkwardly stare at each other before Ahri backs away a little from me, "Maybe a little bit?"

I then chuckle, "Great to see you made it through the day."

She rolls her eyes, "Yeah whatever. Now I just have to pretend that I have a stable sleeping schedule for a few hours before I can go to bed," she groans even louder as she crashes onto the sofa.

Ahri then whispers to me, "She looks..."

I nod, "Terrible. Yeah... it is pretty bad. Though it is refreshing to see some normal problems for a change."

She rolls her eyes, "Hey Trace, do you want something to drink?"

"Please," she says lazily.

I then grab a cup and throw in her usual, having to boil the kettle with new water I gesture for Ahri to go sit down as I wait for the kettle to boil for my own cup of coffee. Ahri drops down next to her and the two almost instantly start to talk.

It is nice to see... I was almost certain that they wouldn't be able to hit it off.

Then on the other hand, at least the two of us are making some progress towards each other.

As I walk around towards them, Ahri smiles up at me as Trace was laying down beside her with closed eyes.

"Are you sleeping?"

"Just resting my eyes."

"Sure," I chuckle, "Do you have any idea how hard it is going to keep yourself awake?"

She nods, "I am aware. Why are you being so cruel towards me, can't you see me suffering?"

Ahri only giggles at the exchange. I watch Trace with a raised brow as her smile disappears into a peaceful face. 

"She passed out," I then put my cup on the table, "Should probably put her in bed."

"Shouldn't you be keeping her awake?" Ahri asks.

I shake my head, "I am going to give her some medication to make sure she will be sleeping till tomorrow morning. If that doesn't work I am going to have to find some way to keep her awake tomorrow."

Picking her up I tug her into bed, then going to her bathroom to get the medication I know she has. Then rushing to the kitchen to get her a glass of water, I step into her room to see her awake. Looking at me with a smirk.

"YOu are so cute when you look after me."

I roll my eyes, "Wouldn't have to if you knew how to go to bed."

She grabs the pills and glass of water from me, "Yeah yeah," she then looks at her door then back at me, "Are you two good now?"

I nod, "You can say that."

She smiles at me, "You shouldn't have to take care of me."

"Why are you saying this suddenly?"

She lifts her shoulders, "Dunno. I kinda feel guilty for making you come back-"

"Coming back was the best thing that happened to me. So just go to sleep, you are tired and don't know what you are saying."

She frowns at me, "I just want you to be happy as well."

I reassure her, "I am."

"Are you sure?" she then turns in her bed.

I watch unable to answer her, then finally saying with a sigh, "Of course I am."

Stepping outside of the room, I drop down next to Ahri as I reach for my cup, "You seem spooked," she says, tilting her head with a worried expression, "What is up?"

I furrow my brow, "I think she knows that you are going on tour. Fuck how do hide something like that? Any K/DA fan out there would know something as basic as this."

She then rests her hand on my leg, "Maybe we should just tell her? Rather than thinking she knows?"

I nod.

"Listen, (Y/N). It is still your decision... I would never blame you for taking care of the only family that you have left."

I nod again, "I know.... I know that. I should just tell her the truth tomorrow when she gets home."

Ahri nods, "You should. Do you need some emotional support?"

I shake my head, "No. Not offense to you but this is something I need to discuss with her," and I know that I will end up having to tell her that I already made my decision and she can't make it for me.