Chapter 19

I woke up to find that Trace was already gone. I was worried because she was usually right there. Roaming around the apartment I couldn't help but stress... and hope that she didn't decide to something completely fucking stupid.

I couldn't really go to bed, I couldn't fall asleep and I didn't want to bother Ahri with this. It really is something that I want to do without her. It is my family and god knows that I will do whatever I can to look out for what little is left.

The time came when she usually comes home, I watched the clock like a puppy. Counting down the seconds. Buth those seconds quickly turn to minutes and thirty minutes later panic sets in.

Lifting myself to my feet the door swings open to reveal Trace step in with an exasperated sigh, "I'm home."

I let out a sigh of relief, "Was there a reason to make me worry so much," I step closer to hug her.

"I had some work to catch up on and being home would have meant you keeping me from doing it," she rolls her eyes as she allows the hug.

"You are lying to me aren't you?"

She shakes her head, "Although the reasoning is true I still didn't want to talk to you without having some time to think how I should talk some sense into you."

I pull away, watching her with a frown, "What is this about?"

"I mean... you are keeping from me that Ahri and the rest of K/DA will be going on tour. Actually, the funny part is that I knew this before you did but didn't want to be the one to tell you... now that you know you are trying to keep it from me."

"Yeah... I did want to keep it from you. Because I know what you were going to say."

"Guess you have gotten a pretty decent head on your shoulders," she says coldly, "I am just trying to figure out why you would through away something you have been crying about."

"Because I didn't come back for her, I came back for you."

"I can take care of myself-"

"I don't care. I won't selfishly chase love-"

"Why?" she glares at me, "Are you afraid that you will turn into that old man? We both know if you go with her you would be better off. Staying here you will just regret not going-"

"But at least I am doing this for the family he abandoned and I won't do that."

She sighs, "You shouldn't choose family over someone that you loved since the start. Someone whose bond with you is so strong that even ten years apart that you could still easily rekindle that flame."

"Then what is one more year?"

"Another year that you will spend killing yourself," she sighs, "I know you better than you think, (Y/N)."

"Looks like you don't. I already told her I am not going with no matter what happens."

"YOu are stupid," she remarks, "I would have done it in a heartbeat-"

"Ahri and I aren't even dating right now-"

"But you are trying aren't you? Don't play dumb, please. The two of you have something that has stood the test of time. You should not choose me over that... because I am blood and that will never disappear."

"It won't die out that easily..."

"It can," she states, "Are you willing to take the risk that your relationship will last another year apart?"

I grit my teeth, "Then I will sit with those consequences."

"And then kill yourself when it doesn't work out?" she gives me a pained stare, I know she is trying to say all of this to get me to agree with her. I can tell she is killing herself... she should just stop.

"Stop it," I sigh, "No matter how much you try to guilt me into it. I have already made my decision."

"A pretty fucking stupid one," she says coldly, still holding her glare, "If you won't see it. I will make you see it."

"How?" I laugh out of frustration, "Are you going to threaten me some more? Tell me that I will end up just like him? It is almost like you don't see that no matter what I do... it can end the same way."

"It would be worse if you lost something you can never have again."

"I am willing to take that chance, Tracey."

"You are so caught up with me that you just can't see that I was doing fine on my own! You come back for me and then chase the love of your life only to not chase after her?! What bullshit is that!? I find it so fucking frustrating speaking to you..." she takes a deep breath, "Just... go with her. Before it is too late."

I shake my head, I am at a loss for words. Nothing I say will change her mind, she just needs time to realize that my choice has been made... as much as I want to believe her. 

I still and will be there for her before I do anything for myself.

***   ***   ***

Author's rambles

Shorter one than usual. The drama side of things is getting wrapped up pretty quickly, I write this as I go so kinda surprised but also relieved that we are getting to a point where I don't have to shed tears. 

Maybe... :)

But don't worry, there are only happy endings on this account. But also thank you for your patience, I flirt with laziness every day and sometimes forget about things for a few weeks so thanks!

Hope you are enjoying Sweethearts so far and until next time!

Love you all!