𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤

Your birthday, 8:00 PM. Dimension ???

-

-

-

A loud, constant ringing sound stirred you from your sleep. You squeezed your eyes tighter and shifted in hopes that the sound would go away on its own. Your morning alarm usually silenced itself after five rings, so you allowed yourself to let it ring. But it didn't stop. The ringing became more clear and you rolled over, quickly swinging your arm across your body to whack the snooze button on your phone.

You were immediately disrupted by the painful sensation of a hard, rough surface, not your desk or your phone. With a hiss of pain, your eyes opened and you held your now aching hand. It didn't take long for you to realize that you were in fact not in your bed. In utmost confusion, you sat up and realized you were laying in the middle of the road, still wearing your backpack. The ringing sound you thought was your alarm turned out to be a car alarm just meters away from you.

"What...the fuck?" you mumble as you scratch your head and survey your surroundings. Several cars were crushed and brutally damaged while various rang out with their irritating alarm sound. It seemed like the street was empty, aside from you laying smack dab in the center of the road. It was weird to say the least.

You shifted over onto your side and attempted to pick yourself up, almost immediately tumbling over as soon as you tried to push yourself up on your legs. You collapsed onto the asphalt road with a painful bang on your chin. Realizing your legs were out of commission, you knew you weren't going to be walking home anytime soon.

You pulled your phone out of your pocket, silently thanking the universe that it was charged, before scrolling through your contacts. Your dad's name appeared in your suggested, but there was no way in hell you were going to call him for help after your argument with him. You didn't want to rely on him in any way. You opted to dial up your close friend and as you pressed the call button you racked your mind of what led to you ending up immobile in the streets.

"Hello?" An unfamiliar voice answered, you assumed it was her boyfriend or something.

"Hey, is (f/n) there? It's (y/n), I need to talk to her," you were met with silence and a perplexed hum.

"I think you have the wrong number, there's no (f/n) here," he responds and your face contorts in confusion.

"Oh...I see. Sorry to bother you, have a good night," you apologized quickly before hanging up. You knew (f/n)'s number better than your own, and you were positive the one you dialed was hers. Thinking she must have gotten a new number or something, you went onto Instagram to text your group chat of friends for help. But you were met with an equally confusing situation. You were logged out of your account, and every time you tried to input your information you received an error message. You found that all of your social media accounts were met with similar results, from TikTok to Gmail.

Fully done and confused out of your mind, you decided to focus on finding your location, and maybe calling an Uber to (f/n)'s house. You opened the maps app and zoomed out to check your location, but your heart immediately stopped when you read the city name.

"...Gotham City?" you mumbled in confusion as you scrolled around the location. As far as you knew, there wasn't actually a Gotham City, at least nowhere near where you lived. As if things couldn't get more unbelievable, you read one of the city landmarks. "No fucking way. Wayne Tower?" You exclaim as you wiggle to over to the sidewalk. If this was the place you thought it was, then that means...

"I'm in the DC Universe?" you asked yourself as you scanned the area. The street certainly had the beat up look you would've assumed the sketchy sides of Gotham had, and the car alarms seemed pretty in character too. There was only one thing you needed to confirm your suspicions, were there heroes here?