33: Paranoia

"Over here!" Jaune yelled as he directed civilians to a safe zone. Fire had been set to a tent and it quickly began to spread, the panic was starting to attract Grim so the situation had to be handled as soon as possible. "We gotta hurry!" Oscar yelled as Grim started getting closer and closer. "Ruby! Help redirect, I need Jaune to amplify my semblance!" You yelled as Winter put out some flame's. "On it!" Jaune placed his hand on your shoulder, slowly you felt his aura covering your own as you closed your eyes. "Priority one is civilians, second is putting out the flames, third is Grimm. Act accordingly, stay in teams, and keep in touch." Winter called out.

"Y/D, don't overwork yourself. We need you..." Emerald placed a hand on your shoulder before running off to help. "Ready when you are." Jaune grinned and you nodded. With a sigh you activated your semblance, some of the surrounding Grimm stopped in their track's. "That's more like it!" Nora grinned as she jumped at an Ursa. "Use this time! Find any survivors!" You called out as you took in a deep breath. You knew you wouldn't be able to keep so many grim at bay, at least not with any drawbacks. The smoke in the air started clearing up, the black smog turned white as all the flames were cleared out. "Fire's out, we still need to search for anyone trapped under." Ruby jogged towards Winter who nodded. "Y/N, you can rest now. We'll deal with whatever Grimm is left, go and check up on everyone else... We'll have a long day ahead of us. You simply nodded at Winter's words before running off.

A safe zone was being established in the center of the tent City, the injured we're being tended too in separate tent's as to not alter anyone else. "This just went from bad to worse..." A woman grumbled as she folded her arm's. "Be quiet, they're doing the best they can." You're eyes narrowed as you walked past them. "Yeah right! I'm tired of living among this... Filth!" She raised her voice, the people around her started mumbling. "She'll cause an uproar..." Oscar mumbled as he walked past you. "Ma'am, please stay calm. Everything will be dealt with accordingly." Oscar spoke calmly as he placed a hand on her shoulder. The woman glared as she shook it off. "She's right! We shouldn't have to deal with this!" More and more people started to stand up. Oscar looked panicked for a moment before he narrowed his eyes.

Standing up on a box he yelled. "Could everyone just shut up for one second!" The crowd seemed to stop for a brief moment. "All this commotion is only going to attract more grim! We are doing the best we can at the moment, but there just a few of us and so many of you!" His chest rose and fell as he looked upon the sea of refugees. Standing up on the box with him you placed a hand on his shoulder. "We can only do so much at a time... And in all honesty all this complaining only makes it harder. So what you have to share a tent with a faunus? Get over it! It's cramped in your tent, big deal! It's what we have and we have to make due... And unless you want to spend a night with the Grimm then I suggest you start getting along. The fire's have been out out and we have a team accessing the damage and another looking for survivors, I know the situations not Ideal but... Use this time to work together, not against each other."

Oscar smiled up at you before stepping down. "Nice going on getting their attention." You smirked as you followed behind him. "I thought I was a bit mean..." He mumbled as he scratched his neck. "Eh, got their attention." You shrugged as you walked towards the nursery tent. "How's it going in here?" You asked Emerald as she wrapped a bandage around someone's arm. "We need more bandage's and we're running low on ointment and antibiotics. Thankfully the burn's aren't that bad but there's too many of them..." Emerald mumbled as you looked around. "I'll make a trip into the City and see what I can find. Count the injured and try and make a list of anyone that's missing." You gave Emerald and Oscar a quick nod before running off.

Finding a motor bike you got on and started the engine. "Do you need me to come with you?" Tyrian asked as he came up behind you, placing a hand on your back. "I'll be as quick as I can, they need you more here then I need you in the city." He nodded as he gave you a soft smile. "I'll be back later, take care of thing's for me alright?" Tyrian nodded as you placed a kiss on his cheek before riding off. People were gathered around the entrance of the city, murmurs filled the air as everyone wondered what happened. Turning a corner you reached a building and you quickly got off the bike. The building had turned into a rec center and a donation drop off, anything and everything was welcome as it would be a great help for everyone in the city of tent's.

"Is everything okay out there? There was a lot of smoke out there..." One of the receptionist commented as she walked with you to the donation box. "A tent caught on fire, the fire has been put out but we still don't know how many are missing. There's plenty injured though and we're running out of medical supplies." You huffed as you looked at the bins, everything had been separated in categories making your search far more effective. Your eyes narrowed as there was nothing of use. "Nothing..." You mumbled as you shook your head. "I'll check the hospital is there's anything they can spare... I'll see you later." You called out as you rushed outside. Turning the key on the bike, you stopped as you looked at the wheels. Both had slashes on the tires, rendering it completely useless. You clenched your fist as anger engulfed you.

Your eyebrows furrowed as you watched a a paper fall from the sky.

The real show starts now