Chapter 13: Don't Give Up On Me

Pairings: Aaron Hotchner x fem!Reader

Characters: Aaron Hotchner, Emily Prentiss, Jenniffer "JJ" Jareau, Spencer Reid, David Rossi, Derek Morgan, Penelope Garcia, John Parker (OC)

Words: 3K

Chapter Summary: The team finds out more information on John while you get the answers about what happened while you were unconscious

Warnings: criminal minds level violence, general kidnapping and related things, angst lots of angst, brief mentions of assault, non-consensual drug use, basically what it would be like to be hauled up with a psychopath in a basement for a day

--

"Hotch I just got the blood test results back," JJ called after her boss, running up to where he was standing next to the SUV.

"What does it say?" Spencer asked.

"It's faint, but they found traces of a sedative," she nodded.

"Long-term use of sedatives could be detrimental to her health. Garcia mentioned that he went to business school before switching into law so I think it would be safe to assume that the doses he's giving could have some sort of negative effect on her,"

"He last used it on her a few days ago, when she slips back into consciousness it's going to take a while for her to get back to full motor capacity," Rossi added.

"Our first step should be speaking to anyone and everyone who knows anything about John Parker. Prentiss, you come with me to the law firm. Morgan, O'Connor, go to his brother's home, I think he's the only living relative. Jacobs, you can go with Rossi to anyplace you might know he frequented, just do some canvassing and Reid and JJ I need you to stay here in case any calls come in or if the media catches wind of this and has questions. No statements say it's an ongoing investigation and we can't currently comment. We don't need to aggravate him," Hotch instructed. He had calmed down from his outburst toward Captain Reilly and had his head on straight, ready to get out there and find out where the hell you were.

The profilers and officers split up, going to various cars and leaving the parking lot, heading to the places they had been assigned by the Unit Chief.

"Hotch," Emily ventured, starting a conversation. He didn't give her a verbal answer but nodded his head telling her it was okay to continue. "What you did back there," she said. "Standing up for her like that, standing up against Reilly, it just made me realize how lucky we are to have you on our side. I don't think we thank you enough for everything that you've done,"

"Emily, there's no need for that," he sighed. "Working at the BAU takes over a lot, it requires sacrifice. A sacrifice each of you has made. We wouldn't get by if we didn't stick together, as a team it's our job to stick up for each other, and as your boss, it's my job to do the same, especially when anyone higher up or otherwise threatens our balance,"

"I understand," she nodded. "But it doesn't hurt to acknowledge it every once in a while. Just.. don't let it get to your head," she joked lightly. He didn't smile, but his features softened and he nodded.

When they entered the firm they noticed how quiet it was, they both came to the conclusion that wouldn't be the case for much longer.

"Excuse me sir, Emily Prentiss, FBI. Could we have a few moments of your time to ask you some questions?" she asked.

"It's urgent," Hotch added.

"Yeah, of course," the man nodded. "What can I do for you?"

"Do you recognize this man?" Emily inquired, showing him a photo of the suspect.