Hawthorne's Birthday

Hawthorne POV

"HAWTHORNE SWIFT WAKE UP OR YOUR GOING TO BE LATE!" Hawthorne's mother, Catriona yelled from the kitchen. Hawthorne groaned and rolled onto his back. He didn't want to get up but knew he had to. He glanced at his clock. 4:30am. Ugh why so early?! "Hawthorne!"

"Coming mum!" Hawthorne called back and rolled out of bed. He walked into the bathroom and splashed water on his face. Hawthorne checked to see if he still had his amazing curls. He struck a few poses and pouted into the mirror like he was a celebrity. Hawthorne walked into the kitchen and went over to his mother.

"Morning mum!" Hawthorne kissed his mother's cheek and fist bumped his father. Hawthorne sat down and began to wolf down his bacon and eggs.

His father laughed. "Woah there buddy the foods not going anywhere!" Catriona laughed and sat down next to her husband.

"How's Morrigan? We haven't seen her in a while." Hawthorne looked up for a second and went back to eating. "Did you two have a fight sweetie?" Catriona said sounding worried.

Hawthorne pushed his empty plate away and looked at his mother. "No we didn't have a fight she's been sick, I'll talk to her and see if she can come over today."

"Cool and don't forget to invite Jove if he's not busy." Dave added. "Happy birthday Hawthorne!" Hawthorn laughed and thanked his parents. Hawthorne excused himself and walked up the stairs and walked into his closet where his Wundrous uniform was hung up. Hawthorne always acted like he was proud to where his uniform and be part of Unit 919, but he feels like he doesn't belong. The oath of the Wundrous Society came in to his head.

'Sisters and brothers, loyal for life,
Tethered for always, true as a knife,
Nine above others, nine above blood,
Bonded together through fire and flood,
Brothers and sisters, faithful and true,
Ever together the special and few.'

Hawthorne sighed and went to have a shower.

Unit 919 stood shivering on the platform when Hawthorne walked through his door. Hawthorne looked around at his fellow classmates.

Thaddea Macleod stood there rolling her eyes and calling everyone wimps because they were whining it's cold. Lambeth Amara was standing with Cadence Blackburn laughing and talking. Well Lambeth was doing the laughing and Cadence was talking. Mahir Ibrahim was telling Thaddea to stop calling people wimps because it's not nice to make fun of people. Anah Kahlo was talking to Archan Tate about what classes they'll have today. The last two people in Hawthorne's unit is Francis Fitzwilliam and his best friend Morrigan Crow.

"Morrigan!" Hawthorne shouted and went over to hug his best friend. "Hey I was wondering if you and Jupiter wanted to come over to my house for dinner tonight?"

Morrigan shrugged. "Sure I'll come but Jupiter can't because he's having a romantic dinner with his boyfriend Dr Tim." Morrigan and Hawthorne laughed at this. Jupiter was always hanging out with Dr Tim but that's fine. Jupiter looks really happy anyway. "Oh my god you should have been there yesterday when Tim came to visit. Jupiter was literally glowing! It was kinda disgusting really. But still I'm glad Tim is dating Jupiter, he isn't burying himself in his work anymore and he actually has time to hang out with me and the rest of the hotel Deucalion staff and he's even letting Frank host big parties! Happy birthday to Hawthorne!"

Hawthorne laughed at his friend's ramble. Hawthorne felt a gentle tap on his shoulder and looked behind him and saw Francis standing behind him. Hawthorne gulped. He tried to fight the blush that threatened to come up. Hawthorne cleared his throat and held his hand out for a high five. Francis grinned and gave him a high five.

"Hey Hawthorne how are you?" Francis said jumping up and down.

"Good thanks how 'bout you?" Hawthorne replied raising an eyebrow. Francis was excited for something.

"I'm excellent thanks for asking!"

"Your welcome and why are you so excited?" Hawthorne wasn't complaining. He liked seeing this side of Francis. It's because he looks so cute when he's doing that 'I've got big news to tell you!' face.

"Well I've got a...GIRLFRIEND!" Francis cried excitedly and started jumping up and down again. Hawthorne felt like he was gonna pass out right then. He pulled himself together and forced a smile on his face.

"That's great news Francis I'm so happy for you!" Hawthorne felt like crying and before anyone could notice, the train whistled and Mrs Cheery waved at them.

"Hello my beautiful Unit! How are you all?"

Hawthorne and his friends ran over to hug their conductor — knocking her over in the process — and ran into hometrain. They each got a beanbag and Anah grabbed the biscuit jar and passed it around. Yes biscuit are their breakfast when they go on hometrain.

"So who knows what day it is?" Mrs Cheery asked looking around excitedly at her Unit.

"It's Hawthorne's birthday Mrs!" Morrigan called out from her place next to Hawthorne. Hawthorne grinned and nodded his head.

Hawthorne loved his birthday more than anything in the world! (Well maybe except his parents and friends). Mrs Cheery laughed and went to the back of the hometrain. A few minutes later she walked back out with a cake in the shape of a dragon. Hawthorne gasped and squealed at the sight of cake.

Hawthorne is a sucker for sweet things. If you have something sweet he'll eat it.

"Ok on the count of three sing Happy Birthday!" Mrs Cheery said cheerfully. "One...Two...Three!"

The whole of Unit 919 started singing. "Happy birthday to you, happy to you, happy birthday dear Hawthorne, happy birthday to you! Hip hip hurray hip hip hooray hip hip HOORAY!!!"

Hawthorne grinned. "Thanks guys! Now let's eat this dragon cake!"

Hawthorne Swift walked the halls alone. He was on his way to his dragon riding class when he heard people talking. Hawthorne knew it's rude to eavesdrop but when you hear your name you just have to stop and listen. So Hawthorne hid behind the door and peeked around the corner. He gasped. He saw Mrs dearborn talking to Francis.

"...Francis what were you thinking, telling Hawthorne about your girlfriend! I told you to keep it a secret!"

"I know Mrs Dearborn! I'm really sorry I just wanted to tell someone and Hawthorne seemed like the best person to tell and I know he won't tell anyone!" Francis said sounding scared.

"Ugh I don't care if he won't tell anyone you were supposed to keep it a secret! No one is supposed to know. Even the elders don't know! So make sure not to tell anyone got it!?" Mrs Dearborn hissed threateningly, narrowing her eyes.

"G-got it Mrs Dearborn!"

Hawthorne felt sorry for his friend as he ran to his next class. He realised he was late and he nardo-ran to his dragon riding class.

_____________________________
Hey guys when I was searching for a Francis x Hawthorne story and I couldn't find any.🤔 So me and my friend decided that I should write one, so here it is! Hope you enjoy 😊