Tutor

Hawthorne POV
"Hawthorne, you need to focus on your studies and not on daydreaming about Francis." Catriona said, shaking her head and speaking gently to her son.

"I-I know but it's hard and I don't know what to do about it..." The curly haired dragon rider looked at his mother for help.

Catriona sighed and smiled softly. "Ok, how about this, I'll get you a tutor only if you promise to study."

Hawthorne grinned. "Yes mum, but who'll be my tutor?"

"I don't know yet, but I'll find one..." Hawthorne's mother walked away, thinking about some people who'll be great tutors for her son.

Knock, knock
Hawthorne ran and opened the door. "Hello Morrigan!"

"Hello Hawthorne! So you ready for the Christmas ball in two and a half months?" Morrigan asked walking into the house. She does this every time she comes here and it amuses Hawthorne since he knows she's only doing it to annoy him.

"Uhh I guess why? And why are you asking me this now? Why can't you wait until like 2 weeks before it's on to ask me?" Hawthorne shook his head and laughed, following his friend into the kitchen. "Morrigan remember mum asked you to stop doing y'all wundersmith thing in the house."

Morrigan smiled sheepishly and stopped summing wunder. "Heh sorry Hawthorne, I may have kinda forgotten..."

Hawthorne looked at his friend fondly and asked, "has anyone asked you to the Christmas ball yet?"

Morrigan shook her head and sighed. "I don't think I'm gonna be asked out for it."

(A/N: Who should I do Morrigan with?)

" 'Cause you will! If you don't then you can come hang with me at the food table." Hawthorne knew for a fact that his best friend will be asked out by someone, how could she not? She's beautiful, funny, moody, and best of all, kind. (Most of the time anyway.)

"Thanks for that offer and I'll gladly think about it, but I'll wait and see who asks me."

Hawthorne rolled his eyes as his friend walked out the door. "Bye to you too.." Laughing, he walked into his bedroom to find his mother sitting on his bed with a worried expression on her face. "Who died?"

"Hawthorne Swift, no one died..I hope...anyway I couldn't find you a tutor just yet, so I actually got Francis to come and help you when he's free until I find a tutor for you." Catriona explained, looking at her son worriedly.

"Ok, so what's the big deal? Why are you worried?" Hawthorne said going to sit next to his mother. Sitting down, Hawthorne turned to his mother raising an eyebrow.

"I'm just worried about you in general, and don't forget the promise about you studying if I get you a tutor." Catriona kissed her sons head and walked out.

Hawthorne groaned and leaned back onto his bed. So Francis, the guy I had a crush on for, idk, ages is becoming my tutor?! Why him of all people? I mean, I ain't complaining, I get to see him more often anyway so that's a plus side...

He fell asleep to all those thoughts swirling through his head at the same time.

The next morning, Hawthorne awoke to his bladder needing to be emptied. So Hawthorne jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom.

When he was finished, Hawthorne quickly got ready for school and walked onto the platform, where Francis was standing all all alone in the cold. Hawthorne took his jacket off and draped it around Francis's shoulder.

Francis's cheeks took on a brilliant shade of pink before smiling at Hawthorne. "Th-Thanks for the jacket Hawthorne..."

_____________________________
Sorry for short chapter and sorry I haven't been uploading new chapters but I'm getting there!! It's currently 12:00am where I am so it's midnight so yeah byeee