Cake making

Francis POV

"2 eggs" Francis mumbled to himself as he rushed around the kitchen looking for his ingredients to make a cake. He was making a cake for Hawthorne's birthday. Baking was Francis's favourite thing to do and it calms him done a lot. It's 5 o'clock in the morning so that means Francis hasn't had any sleep for 5 hours. Which is bad Francis's mum said.

After the cake was in the oven, Francis sat down at the table and set a timer for when the cake is done. He baked a chocolate cake in the shape of a dragon for Hawthorne's birthday. He knew that Hawthorne'll like the cake since he loves anything sweet.

Woah how do I know so much about him even tho we've never actually hung out before!? Francis thought to himself. Behind him came a twinkling sound. Francis looked behind him and saw the timer going off. Well no time to think about that now. I got a cake to decorate! (Yes Francis is very clever, he can make a cake into a dragon!)

😎
Francis woke to his phone ringing. He yawned and checked to see who was calling him. Incoming call: ____ (A/N: Hahaha as if I'd give you her name so early in the book. 🙄 Looks like you'll have to wait and see! 😜) Francis smiled to himself and answered her call.

"Hey what's up?" Francis said cheerfully getting out of bed.

"Nothing but I heard it was your friends birthday today...so tell them I said happy birthday, and how are you?" The girl on the phone said shyly, knowing that she woke her boyfriend up.

Francis smiled and played with the bottom of his shirt. "Yeah it is and I made him a dragon cake, wanna see?"

"Sure!"

Francis:

"Ooo nice it looks yummy!" She said grinning at the picture her boyfriend sent her

"Ooo nice it looks yummy!" She said grinning at the picture her boyfriend sent her. She sighed. "I can't wait to get back to Nevermoor and see you and meet your friends!"

"Yeah I can't wait as well!" Francis sighed happily and looked at the time. "Oh I have to go, I need to get ready. I'll call you tonight and we can talk all night if you want too."

She smiled softly when Francis asked her for her choice. No one ever does that except for Francis, which is one of the reasons she fell for him. "Sure, I'd like that."

They said bye and hung up. Francis smiled to himself and got ready. When he was dressed he walked onto the platform and saw Mrs Cheery waiting for him like she said she would. She waved to Francis and hurried over and looked at the cake Francis had in his hands.

"Wow Francis it looks it really good!" Mrs Cheery said cheerfully.

"Thanks Mrs Cheery!" Francis replied excitedly. He gave Mrs Cheery the cake and walked over to his door and sat down in front of it. Mrs Cheery walked back to hometown and chugged away.

😎
Francis walked the halls of sub 4, when he felt someone grab his shoulder and throw him into an empty classroom. He looked up and saw Mrs Dearborn looking as angry as he had ever seen her.

"Francis what were you thinking, telling Hawthorne about your girlfriend! I told you to keep it a secret!"

"I know Mrs Dearborn! I'm really sorry I just wanted to tell someone and Hawthorne seemed like the best person to tell and I know he won't tell anyone!" Francis said scared.

"Ugh I don't care if he won't tell anyone you were supposed to keep it a secret! No one is supposed to know. Even the elders don't know! So make sure not to tell anyone else, got it!?" Mrs Dearborn hissed threateningly, narrowing her eyes.

"G-got it Mrs Dearborn!" Francis hung his head and walked out of the classroom. Francis still didn't understand why he had to keep ____ a secret. It was so very confusing! He sighed and walked to class.

                                   😎
At the end of the day Francis walked to hometrain with Hawthorne and Morrigan.

"Hey Hawthorne can I talk to you?" Morrigan asked, looking at Francis and adding, "privately?"

Hawthorne raised an eyebrow and shrugged. They walked a little bit away and Francis waited, watching and wandering why they were talking quietly and privately.

_____________________________
Word count: 761
Hey sorry for the slow update...but I think I'm going to start uploading new chapters on all of my books every Sunday. So yeah every Sunday expect an update! 😊 (sorry for the short chapter btw)

Love you guys!