CHAPTER NINE

Olivias POV

"No"

"But why?"

"Like I said, we need to discuss our feelings"

She looks at me with a pout, it's cute but she needs to know. We finish up breakfast and I help with the washing up. I feel Izzy brush my shoulder, "You have something on your nose" I watch as she puts bubbles on my face. I put some on hers laughing, "Hey! I was only trying to help" She pouts.

I wipe it off and look up at her to see she still has hers on her face. "You can't take it off yourself?" I say with amusement. She shakes her head with a pout. "Too bad" I try to walk off but feel her arms wrap around my waist. She rubs her face on the crook of my neck making the shirt slightly wet. "Izzy!!"

"What? It's my shirt! Not my fault your in it" I can hear the teasing in her voice making me laugh. We both turn around when we hear someone clearing their throat. It's her parents looking at us with amusement.

"Would you like to have dinner with us today Olivia?" Her dad asks me.

I think it over, "I shouldn't, I don't want to impose"

"Seriously it won't be a big deal" Her mum says. I nod in response and they smile widely. Her mum looks at Izzy then at her face, "Honey you have bubbles in your hair"

I turn around to look at her and see it, she looks at me with a smirk. I take the bubbles off and we end up staring into each other's eyes. "Well before you two decide to have a round two, we are going back upstairs" Her dad says.

"What are you guys doing so fun upstairs?! You keep going up there" I elbow Izzy and she looks at me confused then she finally clocks on. "Ewww! Off you go!" I burst out laughing. Her parents run back upstairs laughing.

———

I was going to go home but ended up staying here, Izzy and I have been in the library. She taught me how to play chess and showed me some of her favourite books. We went upstairs and played some video games then watched some shows. In that short time I learnt a lot more about her. The girls a genius, she doesn't know what she wants to do in the future though. She said she may work in her mums or aunts company as it's the Chelten company. She says that she likes what they both do. She showed me a picture of her brother, the two look like twins. The only difference is the eyes and some facial features.

I can tell she really loves her brother. "DINNERS READY!" I hear from downstairs, we both look at each other then walk downstairs. I see the dining table and her parents sitting and waiting. Her mum and dad sitting together on one side, as I and Izzy are opposite them.

The food smells amazing, it's lasagna with garlic bread. I take a bite and it's honestly heavenly, "This is amazing!" I say with full honesty, her mum laughs lightly.

"So Olivia, tell us about yourself?"

"Well I'm twenty two, I love English literature so I chose to do a course on it. Got into uni and got my degree pretty fast then went into teaching"

"That's really good, I'm sure your parents must be proud"

I feel a pang in my heart, "Um my um parents, they passed away when I was quite young. Five to be exact" The entire rooms silent.

"I'm sorry honey" Her mum says, I see the sorrow in her eyes.

"It's fine, I mean that's what the orphanage told me but they said that to everyone there. Maybe one day I'll know the truth" I say with a weak smile, then look at Izzy who gives me a reassuring look.

"If you don't mind me asking, do you remember anything?" Her dad asks.

"No it's fine, I don't remember much. But I do remember the night before my parents were arguing. Then I woke up in the arms of a police officer, ended up in the system till I was sixteen. I made sure to work hard so I can get a good life...being in the system doesn't give a lot of us hope"