4- I'm Sorry

|

|

|

~~~

"A huan?"Ai Huan didn't know what to do. He wanted this to happen, didn't he? But why did it happen so fast? Was he that careless? Or did he just underestimate the intelligence of his dear An Ni?

"Yes?" "A huan!?" "Yes, I'm here." Max took a step forward and stared infatuatedly into his eyes. Alex could see stars in them. "A huan..." he gently cupped Alex's face. With a feather-like touch, he caressed the scar on the boy's face to his ear. "Does it hurt?" He asked softly after a moment. "From your touch? Never." Replied Alex.

Max hummed. "I'm the one at fault. It's all my fault. I did this! I caused you so much pain and misery." Alex was shocked at the revelation. With widened eyes he exclaimed; "No you didn't An Ni! If anyone is at fault, it's those bullies! Don't blame yourself xiâo Lee."

Max just frowned. He still didn't look like he believed that just yet. "But all you ever did was try to help me. Be my friend. Be there for me. And all I ever did was push you away, reject you and even..." he glances away then back at Alex. "Hurt you." "Aiyah! I don't blame you a Ni. That's all in the past now. I'm over it!" He smiled his toothy bunny smile.

"Ah, do you want to go get something to eat? There isn't much here and I can't really cook anyway," chirped Alex. "24 years old and doesn't know how to cook. How shameful," teased Max with a small smile. Alex just smacked his lips then headed for the door, only to be stopped by Max.

"Wait." He took the towel from around Alex's neck then proceeded to dry his hair. Alex just gazed up at his face with fondness.

After a few moments, Max ruffled his hair around in an attempt to tease him again. "Ya!" Exclaimed Alex fixing his hair. "Can we go now?" He whined.

"Mhm."

|~|

Both of them had work today, so Max came over to pick him up. Alex was wearing his hearing aid again today, which Max bullied him into. However, Alex still felt the need to cover the scar as always, by applying 3 different types of foundations to that one spot which he made himself.

The foundation was full coverage enough it can hide scars and anything of the sort. Especially harsh ones like his. It took months of research and trial and error but he'd finally managed to succeed.

"We're early. I guess we have a few minutes before opening time. What do you guys usually do-" he was cut off by Max wrapping him into a hug. "An-" "I've missed you," he mumbled into his ear. With his chin on Alex's shoulder.

Alex just smiled and patted his arms. "I've missed you too." So much that you have no idea. In fact, so much that I traveled across the world to see you again.

Max was off of work today so he just went upstairs to the bookstore part of the cafe and sat down to read. Alex still had a fond smile on his face that twitched a bit when Sara finally arrived. She was loud and proud with a huge smile and an excited glee in her eyes. Alex mentally rolled his eyes but kept a polite smile on his face.

"Hello Sara," greeted Alex. "Oh hello, Alex! How are you today!?" "I'm doing really well." "That's good! You know what else is good?" You turning around and leaving and only being here as a prank?

"Hmm?" "Boss just announced that we're doing delivery! Wouldn't that be cool to be the first cafe to do delivery?!" So you're not leaving then? Pity.

"I guess so." "Anyway, Max isn't coming in today. It's his day off." As long as you don't know he's already here, I'm fine with that. "And if he does, he's probably up there reading."

So this is normal?

And here I thought he was hiding from you. Shaking my head.

"Max! You up there!?" She yelled up in the store. If any customers were here, they would probably leave with complaints. I wouldn't blame them.

"Sara mèi, calm down. Don't be so loud." You're disturbing the peace!

"Oh, haha. Sorry!" She hummed on her way back to the break room while I finished placing sweets inside of the counter.

The bell ringed and a friendly smile overtook my face.

"Hello! Welcome to Fiber Cafe! How may I help you?" The young man standing in front of me was fairly attractive. His messy fringe framed his face nicely and had a natural wet look to it.

"Mhm. I'll have a mixed berry green tea, thank you." Oh, his voice was deep yet warm and sultry at the same time. Reminded me of the sea at night.

"Coming right up! That'll be $1.97." He handed me the money and I gave him the small amount of change back. Around this time Sara had arrived and made a huge spectacle from gawking at the poor man.

I'm starting to believe that she's boy crazy.

"Sara, how about you get the berry fill while I whip up the green tea." She nodded dazedly.

I scoffed.

The guy just stood there silently. "You can have a seat. You don't have to stand there ya know?" I chuckled softly. He had a neutral puppy look that can make him across as cold to others. Reminds me of Max.

"Are you almost done?" He asked. "Well yes, but-" "Then I shall wait here." He responded curtly. I just smiled then took over from Sara.

A moment later he asked. "You guys do delivery?" He asked not looking up from the sign.

When did that get there?

"Uh.." I glanced over to Sara for further explanation. "Oh yes! It's a new thing our boss came up with! We're still figuring it out at the moment. But we'll have it all set up by the end of today."

He just hummed with a short nod then took his drink and left. What an odd guy.

|~|

|~|

|

|

|

~~~