6- Oops

|

|

Everyone deals with the new change in their work setup, Zachary comes to Alex for relationship advice, and Max just wants the new guy to back off!

|

~~~

"I'll be the new delivery boy."

It was almost like everything was at a standstill. All of them paused and looked at the guy in stunned silence. All except for Max who was just frowning but that was nothing new. Alex cleared his throat with an awkward chuckle which helped throw everyone else out of disarray as he addressed the man.

"We..uh, we were looking a for a new delivery boy?" He turned the question on to Sara who was next to him, stocking the counter's display. She looked up with awkward cheer. "Uhh.. heheh. I forgot that he was starting today...heh heh." She scratched the back of her head.

Alex mentally rolled his eyes at his co-worker's inefficiency. He turned back to their supposed-new- co-worker with a tight polite smile. "What is your name?" "Kevin Zhan." "Did you partake in an interview?" "No I was hired on the spot by some guy named; Gunther Wein." Ah, yes. That was indeed their boss.

"Well then, come around back and I'll get you started."

~~~

Sara chatted animatedly to Kevin throughout the day and helped him out about his job. Meanwhile, Alex was trying to figure out what put his Max in a "mood".

He was cleaning one of the last tables for the day when he finally decided to do something about Max. "An Ni, what's wrong," whispered Ai Huan in question.

An Ni ignored him in favor of replacing the napkins. But Ai Huan didn't feel like being ignored right now. He snatched the napkin holder out of his hands and sat them harshly on the table.
Then he stole the napkins An Ni had and tossed them to Sara - who was hit in the chest- as she walked out.

"Alex!" Max turned to check on Sara then looked at Ai Huan with a frown. "Do I have your attention now?" He said nothing but stared in acknowledgement.

"Tell me, what's wrong with you. Why are you in a mood?"

Ai Huan was stressed. His sister was coming down tonight, a sudden change in the work routine that he was just getting used to, and now An Ni was in a mood.

He really didn't have time to deal with this.

"I'm not in a mood. I'm just unsettled, a little."

Ai Huan frowned. "Unsettled?" An Ni sighed. "I don't like the way he looks at you. He barely even knows you and he's trying to pursue you!"

He proceeds to go on a rant.

"Who invites a stranger into their house for drinks!? Unless he's a dumb serial killer or a weirdo with poor ulterior motives then he—" Alex places a hand over his mouth. "Yes I admit, it's weird. But he's our co-worker now so you're going to have to deal with him.

Trust me. If there's anything I'm good at, it's making people back off."

He smiled his gummy little smile. Max exhales.