5- Delivery Boy

|

|

|

~~~

Once they've gotten the delivery service up and running, there was a quite a few calls coming in. At least more than they thought. It got to a point where Alex thought that soon they'll be no more customers actually coming in to the cafe.

One customer in particular that they kept getting orders from was the same guy that came into the cafe the other day. Alex recognized his uh unique voice.

"Gosh, he should really just make sure he has everything he wants before hanging up and then calling back in a few hours."

Alex just smiled at that while setting the phone back on the hook. He didn't really mind. He'd take any excuse to get out of being stuck up in the cafe all day.

Alex went to hang up his apron. "I don't mind, I'll go. It's fine." It'll be his last task for the day before he clocked out.

"Would you really? Not to sound rude or anything. But also, you've been going mostly all day with the deliveries. If only we had more workers," murmured Sara. Yeah, they really did need more than just the three of them there.

"Yeah it's fine. Besides, I've practically memorized his address by now at this point." Max made a sound at that but otherwise didn't say anything while queuing in the last few orders.

Alex smiled.

"Is this all he ordered? We're fixing to close?" "Yeah! As much as he took advantage of the delivery service today, he should just come work here."

Any normal person would only be mildly bothered by this, but Alex couldn't really see why she was going on and on about it. Ya, she didn't even deliver today. It was mostly Alex and Max helped out a slight bit.

He just shook his head then grabbed the motorbike's keys. Max jumped up at that. "I'll take you. That way you don't have to worry about bringing the bike back and we can head home."

It was silence after that. Mostly being because Alex was trying to stop himself from breaking out into wide grin, and Sara from just hearing Max admit they go home together.

"Okay." He chirped happily while Max trying and failing to hide his excitement when yanking off his apron, hurriedly punching in the remaining numbers, then zooming into the back room.

Sara watched in silence then turned to Alex for some explanation but all he did was scroll around his phone not paying her any attention.

"Hold on we are not just going to zoom past-" "Ready?" "Yep!" Alex turned to look back at a stunned Sara before reaching the door with a knowing grin on his face. "Bye Sara~!"
He sang in a "sweet" tone, then finally exited the cafe.

|~|

The car ride to Alex's house was a slightly awkward before Max finally said something. "So what happened?" "What do you mean?" "You came back with this smug look on your face and you're still smiling." Alex feigned innocence without looking at Max. "Oh, whatever do you mean?"

"ā Huan." "Haha, okay fine!" He giggled. "He asked me if I was busy/ still working and if I wanted to come in for a drink."

Max waited for him to continue. "Then I told him, 'Sure! As long as my boyfriend who's waiting for me can too!' xiao Lee, you should have seen his face! Bahahahaha!" Alex laughed some more. Max couldn't help but quirk his lips up at that.