[ 23 ] it means something to me

IT MEANS SOMETHING TO ME

"Are you here for Ms. Morrell?" Stiles asked the dark-skinned girl who was waiting in the guidance office, as Lydia followed, Aspen shortly behind her.

"No," the girl replied sarcastically, "I thought this was gym class."

"Sweetheart, we're not in the mood for funny." said Lydia.

"Oh come on," Aspen cocked her head to the side, "Give the girl some credit, that was funny."

Stiles and Lydia exchanged a glance, both a little confused with Aspen's behaviour as she turned to the girl in the chair and continued to laugh at her joke.

"Do you know where she is or not?" Lydia turned back to the girl, while Aspen crossed her arms over her chest.

"If I did, I wouldn't be waiting here for twenty minutes!" the girl replied, "So, how about you two back out the door and wait your turn? This one can stay, though." she added the last part directed at Aspen.

"We're not here for a session." Lydia deadpanned.

"Well I am—" she replied, "and I've got some serious issues to work on."

"Hey, wait, wait, wait— you're Danielle." Stiles spoke up again, "You're Heather's best friend."

"Was, Stiles." Aspen corrected, "Be a little more sensitive, hmm?"

Stiles was sensing some of Aspen's attitude was directed towards him, but he couldn't decipher why.

"Yeah, we've been working on that issue three times a week." Danielle said.

"Hold on—" Lydia cut in, "did you say Ms. Morrell's twenty minutes late?"

Danielle nodded and replied, "And I don't know why, either. She's always on time."

"I was seeing her at the beginning of the semester. She was never late." Lydia stated.

"So was I, you're not special..." Aspen muttered under her breath, but everyone in the room still heard it as their eyebrows all raised at Aspen's hostility towards Lydia.

" ...Then she's not late." Stiles finally said, trying to focus back to the task at hand, "She's missing."

"What if we're not the only ones who think she knows something?" said the strawberry blonde.

"Then I want to know what she knows." said Stiles, opening some drawers in the desk as he began to rummage through files.

"What the hell?" said the Carter girl.

"What are you doing?" Lydia added.

"Trying to find her." Stiles said bluntly.

"Those files are private!" Danielle piped up defensively.